X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks
    My names Andy from Liverpool UK

Ive no professional background in electronics but ive always loved taking things apart since I was a boy, either to fix or just see how they work.

Ive repaired about a dozen TV's to date and joping to do a few more with help from you guys. First post coming real soon!!

Andy

Comment

Hi
      Im Andy, a complete amateur

Been taking things apart to see how they work since I was a child and currently enjoy fixing TV's, having done about a dozen so far. First question coming soon!!!

Andy

Comment

Hi ,my names rubbiks and know nothing about electronics except what I've read and watched on the net.I find forums like these are a good source of information with a fantastic community of people from all over the world willing to help when there's questions to ask. I'm mostly interested in Television repair for now, as I have a few broken sets that require repair.

If I can save these sets from being scrapped at local recycle center, and on to gumtree for resale at a minimal cost then will be able to fund new projects and equipment to further my learning.

Thanks for reading

rubbiks

Comment

Hello

Comment

hello i'm new year please welcome me....... TIA

Comment

hello i'm new here please welcome me....... TIA

Comment

Just saying hi. To be able to post :-)

Comment

I've read the PM. I've posted a comment. Do I need to do something else to be able to post a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Skari View Post
                    I've read the PM. I've posted a comment. Do I need to do something else to be able to post a thread?
                    Oh and have also activated, logged out, logged in.

Comment

I'm new but follow directions closely

Hello everyone. My real name is Russ but I earned the name zalmaflash. Actually the smoke comes first - then the flash. I just like to repair things and found this forum on Google looking for an answer to help me with a Samsung Plasma.

Well, off to do some reading.

Comment

Greetings like minded people, Rik Blades here, hope I can contribute and learn with you all...

Best Regards

Rik

Comment

Hello from Tennessee, I'm a 57 year old kid, still learning electronics.... since the the age of 17, when I blew up my first capacitor (accidentally), and found out that, if you're soldering while only wearing a pair of shorts....keep the work over the desk

Comment

Hello All,

Matt here, 41y/o Male fron New Hampshire. Been a jack of all trades for most of my life. Mostly motor/laboror from automotive to carpentry. In 2002 my carpentry skills let to my DOOM. I trusted another employee to setup some staging w/o checking it. needless to say it was wrong and 2 stories down I went. So lying in bed for the next 6 months I pretty much tought myself computer repair. Bisically the basics, software, screens, and board replacements. I soon then opened at store which I was quite successful at. Till.....My diabetes pounded heavily on my body. So now I am in renal failure and attending Dialysis 3x a week 4hr a day along with abunch of numerous medical issues.
                            I don't get around much, but still trying to do a little.

I am no TV repair man by all means but I am trying to save my TV from the landfill, its only a few years old. So if any help that any of you guys can offer would be greatly be appreciated!

Comment

Hi all,
                              Lee from North Carolina here. I got my start in electronics back in 1982. I got my first computer in 1981 and it only had 16k of memory. I remember ordering a kit to upgrade it to 64k. To install the kit, you had to insert the chips into sockets, clip some diodes, cut a trace circuit, and solder a jumper. I was only 12 years old and performed the task successfully. From that point on, I was hooked! I continued experimenting with electronics through out high school, and went on to attend DeVry Institute of Technology in 1988.

All though I don't repair electronics as my main job, I still manage to make a pretty good living repairing Macbooks on the side. In this world of disposable devices, I am glad to see that the electronic repair world is still thriving! I look forward to participating in these forums!

Comment

Jack's the name, creating new 4-letter words when I work on computers is the game. Just here to get more insight on the plague of newer Dell's and Lenovo's that I've just had come in.

Comment

I have been working on electronics since I was in Electronics class in Junior High (were hand drawing our own lame circuit boards and doing our own soldering back then - when that was considered a 'shop' class - early '80s).

Got a Commodore 64 in the mid-80s, even connected to Quantum Link via 75 baud modem dialup connection to that service (about 6-7 years before PlayNet sold that service to the fledgling AOL service in the early 90s).

I've been a computer/electronics tinkerer and hobbyist all my life, and have been working professionally in networking/web/system administration since 1991.

I am currently on your site because my LAME Sceptre 42" TV (I know, why did I buy that...don't start) won't turn on, and some of your folks on here have some very interesting 'suggestions' I am willing to try before 'e-Wasting' this device away (for which I will take full responsibility if/when I try them, of course), and I can't see their attachments until I register, so - here I am.

Comment

Hi All,

I found this forum by searching answers to fix a monitor. The name "Badcaps" is great. I work on developing a new type of inverter that uses only caps (no output chokes). Then I thought I better join Badcaps.

Andy Lozowski, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, and also Nadagy Corp.

Comment

Hi all,

I found this forum during a search to save my Viewsonic VA712 from the landfill. I am a electronics newbie, never repaired anything yet. I found the idea of extending equipment life very very appealing, especially in today's use and discard world. Thus, became a member of badcaps.

PK, Mumbai, India

Comment

Hello! Tucson, Arizona here. I am a E.E. and have assumed a roll of a conponent level repair tech for a local equipment supply company.

Comment

Hello, I am having a problem with my Gateway Laptop NV53, which sometimes turns on, but most of the time is showing black screen, only blue led is on, fan turns of for a few seconds and that it pretty much it, hope to find some advise on this.

Comment

Working...
                                          X