Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Motherboards with Bad Capacitors > All Others Motherboards
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #21
MD Willington
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: WA, USA.
Default Re: SL-75FRN2-L mem errors after recapping

Generic ram will almost always bite you in the butt.. don't buy value ram seconds, that stuff is meant for the shredder...the bean counters will not let them shred it though.

It's not crap, it's manure, we can sell it as fertilizer --> same line of thinking...

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.
MD Willington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #22
larrymoencurly
Badcaps Veteran

Default Re: SL-75FRN2-L mem errors after recapping

Maybe it's not your caps but your RAM because a huge percentage of RAM I've bought in the past few years, maybe 30%, failed diagnostics when run at the BIOS default settings, including the Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 I bought last week (I had to exchange it twice). Reportedly some mobo chipsets, including the nForce series, are more particular than others, and a lot more PC3200 RAM has failed with my nForce3 mobo than with my VIA VT400A mobo.

I test by running both MemTest86 and Gold Memory overnight because I had two modules pass one diagnostic but not the other, and a third module took 4-5 hours before an error was detected (not a glitch -- the error came back every 4-5 hours).
larrymoencurly is offline   Reply With Quote