• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iMACs

http://www.ifixit.com/Browse/iMac_Intel

?

Comment

Actually, scrap that idea. I'll spend some extra cash and get a 24" Imac to replace my main rig. I'll probably go for the C2D version and not the i3 or i5 based because they cost so much.
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Okay, ended up opting for a 24" iMac C2D 2.8GHz running on Lion 10.7.2 64 bit. Yes it did cost a fair share more, but it replaced my main desktop
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

I have a question in regards to the OS. My 24" C2D iMac is running on Snow Leopard right now with 2GB RAM. Included in the sale was an OSX Lion install disc worth $32 or whatever it was. Anyway, I read up on the net and the minimum RAM requirement for Lion was 2GB. Seeing as I have 2GB now, that's butting it real close. Do you guys think I should upgrade to 4GB RAM for Lion?

Comment

i'd say try it with lion, and if it runs well, keep it that way.

i personally like snow leopard than then lion, but that is just from playing with both at in the mac section of my local best buy. Lion is to much like iphone OS IMHO (is fisher-price certified?)
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Lol, nobody doing osx86. Not just apple making all in one computers. OSX should run on most C2D+ computers as long as the graphics card is compatible.

Comment

Bump it to 4GB, 8GB if you can afford it.

I run osx86 machines, but I also have a MacBook Pro, MacBook and iMac G5.

Comment

Originally posted by NxB View Post
                  Lol, nobody doing osx86. Not just apple making all in one computers. OSX should run on most C2D+ computers as long as the graphics card is compatible.
                  True that one. Asus has the eeepc desktop... but it hasn't got the finesse or style of an imac. I've noticed something though... imacs seem to be resold as second hand goods by rich people... I picked my $700 imac 24" off a couple living next to the ocean in a ginormous house with a Lexus in the driveway. My G5 came from a family living in a high class suburb as well. The 20" iMac that I was going to buy earlier for peanuts was also in a high class suburb... next to the beach.

Comment

Okay.... so I also bought that $150 odd iMac 20" ALU with a "dead" HDD. Turns out it wasn't dead... and it wasn't clicking either. Someone just forgot to install an OS :S
                    Score? nah, gonna become a christmas present for someone else instead

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
                      Okay.... so I also bought that $150 odd iMac 20" ALU with a "dead" HDD. Turns out it wasn't dead... and it wasn't clicking either. Someone just forgot to install an OS :S
                      Score? nah, gonna become a christmas present for someone else instead
                      why?

need a present that bad or do you just get off on spending $$$?
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                        why?

need a present that bad or do you just get off on spending $$$?
                        Should have phrased that better. The 20" iMac I picked up today will be a present for my parents, not for me as I already have a 24" iMac.

Comment

The Season of Goodwill... nice one mate
                          System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Working...
                          X