Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement LED's for OD416D11-ZC14F-02 LED strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement LED's for OD416D11-ZC14F-02 LED strip?

Hi all ... below are photo's of the 4 x 11 LED strips.

The TV is a no name 41.6" Aldi branded Altius A-400F.

Fault is one strip is out so one or more failed LED's

Can't find a direct replacement or any info for the OD416D11-ZC14F-02 strips.

Panel is a CHI MEI INNOLUX V420HJ2-PE6

This is my first TV LED repair (usually work on pro-audio sound equipment) ... can any of you help me find suitable replacement strips or single LED's?

Any help well appreciated!
    Attached Files

Re: Replacement LED's for OD416D11-ZC14F-02 LED strip?

You'll need to pop off one of the lenses to be able to see the LED and then measure the dimensions. The positive and negative also need to be noted. You can replace individual LEDs if you can't find a replacement strip.

Comment

Hi,
      replacement exist, see here.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        You'll need to pop off one of the lenses to be able to see the LED and then measure the dimensions. The positive and negative also need to be noted. You can replace individual LEDs if you can't find a replacement strip.
        Already did it ... in the pic below the LED width is 3.5mm and the height is 2.8mm.

I know what you mean about the polarity for the SMD pads ... do you need me to take one off to see which is the large pad?

It is only a single LED that is open ... but it failed on the final day of the 3 year warranty so I think it best to replace them all.

Replacing them all may be a lot faster than waiting for delivery from china ... just had some parts take 40 days to get here.

Do you need any more info to help identify the LED's?

Originally posted by yohnsee View Post
        Aha ... thanks for that ... I've been searching all day and found nothing but it turns out I'd been searching with the wrong serial number.

Ok that gives me a lead but it will probably be much faster for me to replace all the LED's individually than to wait for delivery from china ... I'll see if I can find any closer to the UK.

If anybody knows anywhere closer that has them please let me know ...
        Attached Files

Comment

What a nightmare this is turning out to be .....

Ordered replacements from China as detailed above ... advert stated the correct serial numbers (as above) but they have sent the completely wrong parts: 4 x strips of 11 (HL-3F750A28-1101S-03 A2 E334789) the lenses look the same but the strips they have sent are for a 32" TV and the one I have here is 42" ....

I've popped one of the lenses and the LED's although same size and very similar to look at appear to have a slightly diffrerent colour temp when testing them with my MM.

I have sent YOYCART.com where I bought them a mail but I'm not holding my breath for a solution.

Anybody dealt with wrong parts sent from China before?

Comment

The LED's I need are 3v 3528 or 2835 but seem to have two light emitting elements like the attached image (this pic is a lot clearer than my photo above).

They are a cold (high) colour temperature when lit dimly with my DMM's diode test function.

I've just wasted £30 trying to get replacements from China ... can anybody help me find replacements of the correct type from a reliable seller?
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a small number of these in my stash, looks very similar to yours.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a small number of these in my stash, looks very similar to yours.
                Hi diif, thanks for the reply ... yes those look very similar.

Here's a turn up for the books though ... the chinese supplier has got in touch with me through the yoycart agent and is adament that although the set they sent are for a 32" TV they are a direct replacement for the correct original serial number and that is what they usually send out as a replacment for the 42" strips I was looking for.

I replied that they do not line up with the holes on the back white reflector sheet that goes over the LED strips ... and he has said that instead of putting them behind the sheet with the holes in that I should stick them to it on the front of it instead.

I have no experience with this ... what do you think?

Comment

The LED strips get warm/hot so sticking them to the plastic backing is a silly idea IMO.
                  If you are going down that route then stick them to the metal backing as they were originally and cut new holes in the white sheet.

Comment

The LED strips get warm/hot so sticking them to the plastic backing is a silly idea IMO.
                    If you are going down that route then stick them to the metal backing as they were originally and cut new holes in the white sheet.
                    When laid side by and centre to centre there isn't a huge amount of difference between the two different strips ... the centres of the outside LED's on each end of the shorter strips are 22mm in from the ones on the originals when the centres are aligned... do you think using these would light the screen properly?

Looks worse with the two ends starting together ... but centre to centre the spread looks a lot better. Here's a pic to give you an idea of the difference. (original correct strip in front)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by check12; 07-12-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

The Chinese replacements will work but as previously advised you would have to ct holes in the reflector paper for the lens to pass through. I have stuck strips on the paper before on other TVs and they are still working, but the better thing to do is cut new holes. Wherever there may be a gap the Diffuser sheet will spread the light out evenly so don't worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                        The Chinese replacements will work but as previously advised you would have to ct holes in the reflector paper for the lens to pass through. I have stuck strips on the paper before on other TVs and they are still working, but the better thing to do is cut new holes. Wherever there may be a gap the Diffuser sheet will spread the light out evenly so don't worry about that.
                        Hi Andrew .. so you think the shorter strips will be fine in a 42" TV ?

... this is my first TV repair and I'd have been far happier with the correct parts. Mind you I'm not even sure if you can actually get new original parts for it now and I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to return or get a refund for what they have sent ....

Up to now I have been using the diode test function on my DMM to test the individual diodes on the faulty set but I've just realised that I don't think it's testing reliably. I have a couple of 30v variable power supplies what would be the best way to use these to test the diodes. Would 30v be enough to test strips of 11 diodes and what should I set the current limiting at?

Comment

I feel your pain of getting something different from what you ordered. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, then maybe remove the LED's from the new strip and replace the bad one's on the existing strip? Time consuming, but it's a possible alternative.

Comment

You can do it like this too. Stagger the strips placement. That is, put the 1st one fully left then the 2nd fully right and so on. The Diffuser sheet w3ill take care of the spread. It works don't worry

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                              I feel your pain of getting something different from what you ordered. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, then maybe remove the LED's from the new strip and replace the bad one's on the existing strip? Time consuming, but it's a possible alternative.
                              Hi jet .. thanks ... the seller is adament that these are fine for the 42" ... so I think that's about it really as far as he and the shipping agent are concerned. Initially it was the top row that went out .. so I only tested the top row with the diode test function on my DMM and found one LED that wouldn't light so took it for granted that was the culprit... but now I have tested them all (and some of the new one's) it seems quite a few do not light with the low voltage from the DMM ... so I upped it a little using a bench PS and current limiting resistor and it seems now that the top row is actually fine and the fault lies on one of the other rows.

So not sure exactly at the moment how many diodes are genuinely good or not on the original set.

Can anyone tell me the optimum voltage/current limit for testing as I'm not sure where the threshold lies for diodes that are maybe on their way out ?

You can do it like this too. Stagger the strips placement. That is, put the 1st one fully left then the 2nd fully right and so on. The Diffuser sheet w3ill take care of the spread. It works don't worry
                              Aha! ... that's another option for me to think about ... if I get time later or tomorrow I'll take out the old strips and try the new one's in place ... both aligned and staggered ... I'll take a couple of pics and you guys can tell me what you think is best ...

Comment

I have never bought strips that a new from China and found them not working. I use the all the time and these days a lot of LED TVs are coming in with bad backlights problem. I use the strips with the 10 LEDs and fit them in on up to 50" screens. Wirte them appropriately and they work and are still working as far as I know since 2015.
                                I would recommend that you change out all the old strips even if they test good. They will fail shortly thereafter and you will have to go in again. Replace all and close the Panel up once and for all.
                                Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 07-12-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I have never bought strips that a new from China and found them not working. I use the all the time and these days a lot of LED TVs are coming in with bad backlights problem. I use the strips with the 10 LEDs and fit them in on up to 50" screens. Wirte them appropriately and they work and are still working as far as I know since 2015.
                                  I would recommend that you change out all the old strips even if they test good. They will fail shortly thereafter and you will have to go in again. Replace all and close the Panel up once and for all.
                                  Wow strips of 10 up to 50" ... is that where the staggering comes in? or are they the 6v LED's?

Yeah don't worry now I know I can use them I'll be swapping in the full set of new one's ... just want to learn as much as possible from the old one's rather than just swapping them over without thinking about it.

I'm just amazed that it's so difficult to identify LED's and find any accurate spec. for them ... why do the LED's never have any serial numbers?
                                  Last edited by check12; 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Max. Forward Current: 350MA
                                    Max. Forward Voltage: 3.0-3.6V
                                    on the 3v leds i brought recently

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      max. Forward current: 350ma
                                      max. Forward voltage: 3.0-3.6v
                                      +10

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                        Max. Forward Current: 350MA
                                        Max. Forward Voltage: 3.0-3.6V
                                        Yeah that looks familiar ... is that about typical average then for 3v LED's? or are some a lot different?

Comment

Working...
                                        X