Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42LV 4400 Will not come on

Originally posted by budm View Post
    Right now the problem is on the main board, what the exact cause for it not to send PS-ON (<1Vdc = OFF, >2Vdc = ON) I do not know. You may try heating and cooling the main board to see if the PS-ON will be present or not.
    Thanks Budm appreciate your response. Heating and cooling? Are you thinking 385 degree for 10 minutes in the oven? I have read about this but not tried it. Do it actually work? Are there issues with things on the board that could melt at that temp?

Comment

One there for 48 bucks. https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-42LV4400...IAAOSw48dbIkcQ

Comment

Hello
        No, Budm does not talk about putting the electronic card in the oven.
        I think rather to the use of an electronic bomb of cold.
        For the hot test. the dry hair of madam in position hot air.
        That should be enough ..
        This will expand or contract the circuit and may be exposed to a problem of electronic welding, bad contact.
        Baking is the last resort option if I dare say ...
        Cordially
        Thierry

Comment

Originally posted by davg View Post
          Thanks Budm appreciate your response. Heating and cooling? Are you thinking 385 degree for 10 minutes in the oven? I have read about this but not tried it. Do it actually work? Are there issues with things on the board that could melt at that temp?
          That would be using a hair dryer, hot air gun or freeze spray, inverted can of duster, to heat or cool board to see if tv starts working, to try to narrow down the faulty area.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-16-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Tks reading the full description indicates the board has the same issue as mine? Not tested working?

Comment

Tks for the responses; I will give it a try and see what happens. This seem to be where the problem lies?? As I indicated in an earlier post the unite stopped working, my friend took it out of service for several months before giving it to me. When I got it home and powered on it worked fine for about 6 hours I turned it off in the night and the next morning it would not come on?

Comment

Originally posted by davg View Post
                Tks reading the full description indicates the board has the same issue as mine? Not tested working?
                Oops, my bad, I thought it read display is cracked but it said display is not cracked.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-16-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Oh, you're in Canada, I got you mixed up with a poster in the U.K. you can probably just get it straight from shopjimmy then. http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-cov31310...2lv4400-ua.htm
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-16-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Oh, you're in Canada, I got you mixed up with a poster in the U.K. you can probably just get it straight from shopjimmy then. http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-cov31310...2lv4400-ua.htm
                      Shopjimmy is out of stock and I am not sure they ship to Canada

Comment

Ok, shopjimmy ebay, this one has two components, there's others there on ebay but who knows where they are from, I would go with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-COV31310...wAAOSwEeFVHtcB

Comment

Ok, shopjimmy ebay, this one has two components, there's others there on ebay but who knows where they are from, I would go with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-COV31310...wAAOSwEeFVHtcB
                          So are you indicating that these two components will fix my board?

Comment

NO, I am not, it's just the course of action that I would take in this situation, mainboards are pretty complicated, I would throw that 20 bucks at it, if that didn't work, I'd probably just part it out, minus mainboard of course. It could be bad bga or a lot of other possibilities, LGs are well known for needing reballs n reflows and such, there's a lot of LGs on this site with those problems in just the past couple weeks.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-16-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

i would certainly give the ebay repair kit a try if i was fault finding this set myself.

Comment

Tks guys I will attempt to acquire the kit if I can find an ebayer who ships to Canada I have nothing to loose?? So would these eeproms have to be replaced in pairs?

Comment

Just tried placing order with shopjimmy ebay but they will not ship to Canada?? Can you recommend another source? I assume these eeproms have to be programmed for specific boards ie; Main Board Component Repair Kit for 42LV4400-UA

Comment

Shopjimmy ships to Canada all the time. Unless they have recently changed "F#^^'n Trump"

From Shopjimmy - Help - FAQ

Shipping
                                    • Do you ship orders the same day?
                                    • When will I receive tracking information for my order?
                                    • Can you ship internationally?
                                    Yes, we can ship our products to just about every country on this great, green Earth. We cannot ship to P.O. boxes at this time, however.
                                    Last edited by R_J; 06-17-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Must have changed their policy cause I can't get pass the first screen Buy it now? I get a screen saying "Do not ship to Canada"

Comment

I can no problem, I click on add to cart, Part is in shopping cart, proceed to checkout takes me to secure checkout where you fill in all your information
                                        Are you using Shopjimmy site or Ebay

Just go to the shopjimmy site, you will not have a problem
                                        Last edited by R_J; 06-17-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

EBay

Comment

Working...
                                          X