Behringer UB1622fx-pro Effects pulsing on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behringer UB1622fx-pro Effects pulsing on and off

Hi Guys another mixer I'm currently working on it was working fine at a gig then its started resetting the effects selected then it started going on and off altogether I have opened it up and all the caps are xunda caps which don't have a good reputation I saw NTKILLERS700 regarding a mixer power supply on here and its the exact same power board so I have ordered the same caps from mouser the only thing im not sure of is there are two capacitors next to the fx board 220uf 10v and a 470uf 10v and im not sure what to order to replace those ones ie esr value or ripple current. And help much-appreciated guys
    Attached Files
    Your never to old to learn

Re: Behringer UB1622fx-pro Effects pulsing on and off

I found one for the 220uf 10v

667-EEU-FR1A221

but I can't find any for the 470uf 10v with the low ESR Filter in mouser with Panasonic or nichicon help please guys any info much appreciated:

Comment

Take the next voltage rating up, like 16V. Again use Panasonic FM.

Comment

Thanks capleaker for the info but still can't find any with low esr the only one I can find is lelon brand

140-RXW471M1ABK-0811

what u think any good for the fx power of the mixer

Comment

check the red thread lock stuff for going conductive .

Comment

Originally posted by garrymc123 View Post
            Thanks capleaker for the info but still can't find any with low esr the only one I can find is lelon brand

140-RXW471M1ABK-0811

what u think any good for the fx power of the mixer
            found: Panasonic FR : 667-EEU-FR1C471
            Also found : 667-EEU-FM1A471
            Last edited by CapLeaker; 06-05-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Will Do petehall247. How do u find them capleaker i spent ages last night what am I doing wrong i usually type in the top section the cap uf and voltage then pick the manufacturer and then they all grayed out saying nothing to choose from Cheers guys

Comment

I type into the search bar for example: 470uF 10V
                then I click on Manufacturers: Panasonic ; then click apply
                Here is where I cheat a little: I know what I am looking for. For example the FM, FR series... so I scroll down until I see EEU-FM for the FM series.

Way number 2: Go to the search bar and search for: Panasonic FM
                click on Passive Components -> Capacitors
                choose the voltage and capacity you want and voila, you get what you ask for.

Comment

Cheers capleaker capacitors ordered will update when they arrive cheers guys

Comment

Quick question when im repairing a power supply should you always use low esr caps

Comment

It depends on the type of power supply , traditional transformer power supply does not require a low esr caps. There are 50/60Hz only.
                      Inverter(SMPS) power supplies works with high frequencies up to hundreds kHz - there is necessary to use low esr caps on the secondary side .

Comment

Hi garry ... where in Ayrshire are you ?

You sound very inexperienced (with your difficulty finding components) ... how have you come about the diagnosis that it is power supply caps ... from reading the thread it looks as though you have just decided to replace these as they have a bad reputation?

Behringer equipment is renowned for bad build quality ... with gigged equipment a high percentage of faults are from loose connections especially now with lead free solder.

How did you decide the fault was defo in the power supply?

Comment

Check12 thanks for the info I live in Ayr I have never bought from mouser before and how to find certain caps. I used to use eBay but been told too many fake brands on eBay. I did a search for the mixer and description of the problem on youtube and I found one that had the exact same problem pulsing on and off and it said it was down to cheep caps going bad. I am always willing to learn

Comment

Forget Mouser, use RS. Free next day shipping in the UK.
                            Last edited by diif; 06-15-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by garrymc123 View Post
                              Check12 thanks for the info I live in Ayr I have never bought from mouser before and how to find certain caps. I used to use eBay but been told too many fake brands on eBay. I did a search for the mixer and description of the problem on youtube and I found one that had the exact same problem pulsing on and off and it said it was down to cheep caps going bad. I am always willing to learn
                              Ayr ... know it and most local venues well (I am a sound engineer) .. was just talking the other day to a guy about the sound system getting fitted in the new pub (old bank building millar road) across from the Odeon cinema ...

RS is better for you ... from mouser your going to be paying £12 for postage

It's best to buy a few caps at a time as the same values are used over and over in many different circuits.

If you can't find realistic small amounts at RS ... then there are a few other places that do single/small amounts of components with cheap postage here's a couple I use now and again:

https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?...index&cPath=65

https://shop.esr.co.uk/contents/en-u...apacitors.html

The second one "esr" ... I think would be best for you ... just phone them and discuss what your looking for ...

As regards tracing faults in audio equipment ... learning how to inject and trace test signals to pinpoint where faults are actually happening would be the best and most useful advice I could give you ... rather than just replacing components because that's what somebody did with what looks like a similar fault on youtube.

I've not long back fixed a Soundcraft desk with intermittent fx channel problems here ... that simply turned out to be some of the faders which had been ruined by the owner spraying WD40 into them .... I notice a lot of dj's do this too ... if you do it stop now! ... it's really not good for them.

Be wary of the "RS Pro" brand components at RS ... sometimes these are great value but it's whatever they can get at a bulk price so quality can be inconsistent ...

Comment

BTW ... just had a very quick (2mins) look at RS for suitable replacements for your 470uf 10v Electro ... loads of choices ... all for free next day delivery.

And there were also other and cheaper brands than this there too ...

Always buy a few at a time ... don't just look for single components.

Waaaayyy better value for money than mouser ... I don't know how you couldn't find anything suitable at RS (you could literally buy all 85 caps on this page and have them delivered next day for less than you paid at mouser) ... here's the link: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/cps/
                                Last edited by check12; 06-15-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Aww, I know where that is the old bank... I'm just checking out rs Components and I will buy a few caps at a time. And thanks for all the other info much appreciated check12 and I only use electronic contact cleaner on my mixer channel sliders. Will I still purchase low esr caps tho?

Comment

I see the link to the comparison page with suggested caps I gave above isn't reliable ... the suggestions on the link were "low" esr caps for that value of capacitor and were all suitable ... you've just not got the hang of using the RS site yet so I'll give you a step by step to get you started ... best way for you to search the RS site for electrolytics is:

Open site homepage

Click "All Products"

Highlight "Passive Components" and click "Capacitors" in the sub menu

Click "Aluminium Capacitors" in the Categories menu

In the "Filters" panel enter: Capacitance, Voltage (choose matching and one step above), Mounting type, Technology and Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR).

(Below is a chart to help you choose "low" esr caps for different capacitance values in the future)

Click "Apply Filters"

When the results come up ... put them in list view

Click the "UP arrow" in the price column to put the prices per item in ascending order

Scroll through the results pages looking for small minimum amounts (1, 5, 10, 20)

Mark the eight most suitable (eight is the max allowed) for comparison and click the "Compare" button at the top of the descriptions.

Compare all parameters and prices and choose the most suitable option.

"Simples" ....

One last point ... don't just restrict yourself to Panasonic there are a few other quality cap brands ... best to look for suitability for what you want and lifetime, price etc. then choose the best deal.

Here's the ESR chart:
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by check12; 06-16-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Brilliant Check12 that was much easier that way thanks for the step by step guide. See when you say inject and trace test signals how would I do that on a power supply to check for power going into the smps and back out the other side ... Cheers

Garry

Comment

Just another wee quick question How would I go about finding out what voltage is getting to the transformer and also out the transformer I'm getting voltage out of the filter capacitor and voltage out from pin 4 and 7 from ic2 top245y I've attached a picture of the area marked in red. Thanks in advance
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X