samsung ue40d5520 flashing red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue40d5520 flashing red light

Seem to be more of these TVs and similar models with LED strip faults. It'd be nice if they could put an xmas light system in parallel, which blows short circuit when an LED fails. A high voltage zener could work; when they overheat, they fail short circuit. So putting a ~30V zener in parallel would lead to many watts dissipated in the zener, causing it to short. But I don't think that'd be reliable enough.

Glad you fixed it, but wonder what caused those four to fail.
    Last edited by tom66; 02-01-2014, 05:36 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My first thought was cleaning but they are at the top of the panel unless someone used a very wet cloth at the panel edges which is highly unlikely

it will remain a mystery

Comment

Were they all in a chain, or just randomly spread around? If in a chain, one might have failed, got hot, and damaged the others nearby... but that doesn't sound very likely. It's also possible, I suppose, that the board flexed slightly from heat and cracked the LEDs. Again, I think that'd be a rare occurrance.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

They were not all chained mate there was 1 then 4 worked then 2 then all the rest except the end one so was a funny pattern of fried leds lol

Comment

Need to get hold of one of these myself and perform an engineering failure analysis!

Comment

Thanks for the update - looks like "I'm going in" ! Couple of questions...

To get to the led's the panel/diffuser etc. must be removed ?

How do you test the led's themselves and were they shorted or open (I'm guessing open or the other led's would still work but with a little more voltage) ?

I'm sure I have the same problem.
              Last edited by mmartell; 02-01-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I referred to this post a few months back, and determined that the issue didnt appear to be the 2 large capacitors in my case (I changed them), so bought a replacement main board which arrived today.

The issue that I'm having is that the TV is asking for me to change some service menu settings; Type, Local Set, and Front Color Option

All of which can be found under the service menu under the first option. Mine are all currently 'None', which obviously isn't correct.

Do any of you have access to a UE40D5520 (it's a UK set from what I understand, and where I bought it too).

The panel information is: LD400BGC-C2 DD01

Let me know what you can find

Comment

Forgot to post some accompanying images. Maybe they'll help?

The main one is the screen with Type & Local Set set to None, and the the setting for Front Color
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Robsta; 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

mmartell, you didn't post the solution on your problem (if you found it) I'm having the same problem, fluctuating voltages on psu board except 1x 5V which is steady. replaced the PWN controller, another std by IC (7011) (CP801S), checked all caps, replaced C901S 14pin IC nothing.. I'm running out of options (and hope)on this one!

Comment

Working...
                    X