46L5200U - C toshiba 42" LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone please help me as i landed to this website and i see alot of smart people here.. unfortunately since my account is new and yes i have read the welcoming thread i cannot post a new thread as of yet so i am posting here for some help...

when the tv is turned on all is normal and via antenna left it on over 1 hour and no problems. but when i circle to media player or connect hdmi the video feed is on for 3 secs approx then flickers 3 to 4 times and led goes black. audio is still functional with black screen.

stupid Q: current software is dated march 2012.. and i have tried updating via toshiba website but was unsuccessful ... regardless i believe the problem is in the video board unit as on hdmi i see the tv making the colors more florescent and then it trips out..

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Re: How to Recondition (Reform) Electrolytic Capacitors and Why

Try a different HDMI cable.

Comment

Re: 46L5200U - C toshiba 42" LED

Try a factory reset, if that don't work maybe try a firmware update/reapply via usb if your tv is capable of such and a different hdmi cable as mentioned.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-17-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Try turning down the backlight setting and see if the picture lasts longer, most sets remember different setings for different inputs so you need to set the backlights as low as possible for the hdmi input you are using.
        Then you could also do a search with your model number, lots of other threads with similar problem
        Likely a bad led in the panel
        Last edited by R_J; 06-17-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Did you try hooking something up with component or composite cables if tv has them?

Comment

Working...
          X