Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony PS3

hy guys
    i was running away from those consoles but fate just bit my ass and give me one to fix.
    so my first one but i don`t have the luxury of reballing and i saw many ppl haveing problems with those tokin capacitor(is there a topic how to measure them?)

i don`t even know witch one its the gpu

Those tokin fail like in the notebooks?

any advice where to start its welcome TY
    Attached Files
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Re: Sony PS3

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
    hy guys
    i was running away from those consoles but fate just bit my ass and give me one to fix.
    so my first one but i don`t have the luxury of reballing and i saw many ppl haveing problems with those tokin capacitor(is there a topic how to measure them?)

i don`t even know witch one its the gpu

Those tokin fail like in the notebooks?

any advice where to start its welcome TY

Yellow light of death? or any light of death?

Comment

ty for reply no no no. its green and it stay like that but nothing on screen.

those two cpu or gpu get hot

when i press the sensor from red it goes green but 0

Comment

did you try other video inputs? I know on my (now dead) PS3 to switch from HDMI to component it will do just that, leaving the hdmi dark and component live and there is no way to switch it back because you can't see what you are doing on the screen unless you connect the component and tell it to switch back.

Comment

ty for reply ,i got only a tv with hdmi where the tech guys that repairs cellphones is.
          today i ordered a bios programmer ; can i rewrite the bios on it?
          i`ll go in the storege room they say they got a lot of ps3 dead i wanna see some values of those nec-tokin capacitor maybe its replated to those

Comment

Hold the power button.. I believe that also resets video mode to whatever you are using.. I don't think you will be able to re-write the bios..

All polies in a PS3? No need for recap? These PS3s are a thousand times better then a 360 build wise..
            Last edited by Yatti420; 09-11-2013, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatti420 View Post
              All polies in a PS3? No need for recap?
              i did ask if someone knows how to mesasure those nec-tokin; they have the same value like the ones from the notebook... i have a toshiba with a tokin i`ll open it so i can see the value on it.
              "polies" sry i don`t understand
              yes i did try that reset by holding nothing

Comment

i did ask if someone knows how to mesasure those nec-tokin; they have the same value like the ones from the notebook... i have a toshiba with a tokin i`ll open it so i can see the value on it.
                "polies" sry i don`t understand
                yes i did try that reset by holding nothing
                check this out, seems to be 1200uf

Comment

ty for reply no no no. its green and it stay like that but nothing on screen.
                  Since you have nothing else but HDMI to test with, check the HDMI connector on the PS3 to make sure it isn't damaged. Also try a different HDMI cable if you haven't done so.

I know these seem like simple stuff, but I've tried to repair "complicated" problems that didn't even exist in the first place.

Originally posted by Yatti420
                  These PS3s are a thousand times better then a 360 build wise..
                  I strongly disagree with this statement.
                  The 360s are built wonderfully. Microsoft just f**ked up the cooling part and that's why so many of them die/died.

PS3's on the other hand are horrible. Not only are the boards really hard to work on (due to super-thick ground planes and tiny SMD pads), but the dammned things never really give you anything more than a YLOD if something is wrong. On one occasion, my friend (who has a repair shop) tried removing all (or nearly all) of the BGA chips, and the stupid thing still gave him a YLOD. The Xbox 360 at least gives you a secondary code that is actually useful more than half of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                    Since you have nothing else but HDMI to test with, check the HDMI connector on the PS3 to make sure it isn't damaged. Also try a different HDMI cable if you haven't done so.

I know these seem like simple stuff, but I've tried to repair "complicated" problems that didn't even exist in the first place.
                    ty for the reply he gave me the key so i can take as many ps3 and i will dig to find some ports and change them .
                    i`ll still measure some nec-tokin caps jsut in case i see some other values maybe i get lucky with one
                    ty

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

I strongly disagree with this statement.
                      The 360s are built wonderfully. Microsoft just f**ked up the cooling part and that's why so many of them die/died.

PS3's on the other hand are horrible. Not only are the boards really hard to work on (due to super-thick ground planes and tiny SMD pads), but the dammned things never really give you anything more than a YLOD if something is wrong. On one occasion, my friend (who has a repair shop) tried removing all (or nearly all) of the BGA chips, and the stupid thing still gave him a YLOD. The Xbox 360 at least gives you a secondary code that is actually useful more than half of the time.
                      I agree, 360s are actually well built, they use good quality parts, all top tier capacitors and stuff. And they are much easier to work on. Cooling is crap, yes, but its still somewhat better than PS3 because the PS3 is so packed inside that you have no room to work on the heat management but the x360 has some room inside so you can add bigger heatsinks or more fans. The x360 is also cheaper, at least here in Estonia.
                      I can put text here?!

Comment

ty for the reply he gave me the key so i can take as many ps3 and i will dig to find some ports and change them .
                        i`ll still measure some nec-tokin caps jsut in case i see some other values maybe i get lucky with one
                        ty
                        Wait, you can get free PS3s? lel, take a lot of them. Keep some boards and reflow them with flux and keep em'. If on dies just put another one in. Also look for boards that have visually damaged components, that way you know for sure what is wrong with them and they are an easier fix. And power all of them up, maybe one of them have some simple issue like a broken optical drive, an even easier fix.
                        I can put text here?!

Comment

Originally posted by DJduck View Post
                          Wait, you can get free PS3s? lel, take a lot of them. Keep some boards and reflow them with flux and keep em'. If on dies just put another one in. Also look for boards that have visually damaged components, that way you know for sure what is wrong with them and they are an easier fix. And power all of them up, maybe one of them have some simple issue like a broken optical drive, an even easier fix.
                          no no no they all got problems similar like this.
                          its like a faulty/spare depo

i`ll open today 3 ps3 maybe i will find 3 differant results
                          Last edited by dj_ricoh; 09-12-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

when you do a global reset (press down and hold eject and power buttons!!) then plug in the power lead and it will switch on and fan will run at max for a few seconds, keep holding buttons down for a few more seconds, unit is now at default video out and deck is reset and if you have a stuck disc it will eject it, no hdmi output until its enabled in menu so if you dont have a composite video input or a sony ps lead with a scart plug to test it on a tv then you will never get video

Comment

i talk to my friend who gave me this told me there is a difference from no signal and black screen .
                              i froze :| aww now what :-??

Comment

i talk to my friend who gave me this told me there is a difference from no signal and black screen .
                                i froze :| aww now what :-??
                                He's right, when I said hdmi stays dark, I meant it doesn't put out a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
                                  He's right, when I said hdmi stays dark, I meant it doesn't put out a signal.
                                  ty for reply .
                                  do you mean that i should connect with all the ports then reset the console? like holding the power until it beeps ty

Comment

Working...
                                  X