Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-52S4100 No picture or Sound

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    it happens, ASSUMPTIONS have been screwing people up since time began, including me.
    This worked for me too! I'm still in shock.

Any one know how the original firmware would get corrupted? We suspect a power surge.

Comment

Yep, was a lightning storm that borked the firmware in my case.

Comment

thats the problem, everyones positive about everything, you dont need to see the screen with the kdl to do an update. bye now.
        Originally posted by capkid View Post
        I'll just leave this here, just in case: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=59
        Originally posted by fixitelectronix View Post
        As much as I don't want to admit I was wrong, that fixed the set. You sir are a god. I can't believe that's all it was. I would give you a great big hug if I could. I applaud you
        it happens, ASSUMPTIONS have been screwing people up since time began, including me.
        I know this is an old and dead thread, but I just picked up a KDL-52S4100 off the side of the road and immediately did a firmware update since it was the easiest course of action. It fired right up. It had a steady green light and no picture or back light. Now I am just curious as to why this ever was a problem / solution. Thank you all!

Comment

Thunderstorm borked mine, I think some tvs including the infamous kdl's are a little more prone to firmware corruption, with a power surge and the like, hard to tell what all will do it but a power surge can for sure. Good reason to use good quality surge protectors.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-22-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X