This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Already found very good information here, thought it would be good to register an account as well.

/Sunkan

Comment

Hi,

I'm a sysadmin for a large company in Australia.

I'm currently working on fixing a TV with some bad components, looking forward to absorbing advice and getting this thing working!

Cheers,

Sean

Comment

bigguy05641 new member from Vermont

Greetings all, I am pathological tinkerer, it pains me to replace a unit if it can be repaired. Right now I'm in the midst of a 42" tv failure. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Comment

Started fixing those old 90's Broksonic VHS and CRT TVs.

Comment

Hi all,

My name is gbrandon. I am an retired electrician. I attempt to repair anything electrical before going to the expense of paying someone else to make the repair. Usually with the right information, I can make the repairs. I don't have a lot of experience in electronics, but I have dabbled in it some. With the help of other members of forums I belong to, I have had good success at making necessary repairs. Look forward to being a member here.

Comment

Hi Badcaps community ! And thanks Topcat for the nice welcome message.

My name is Fred and I work in local government - nothing fancy ! In my spare time I'm a keen PC builder - all self taught; I have no formal qualifications in this field beyond my basic tech work at school.

Looking forward to learning, sharing, and having a laugh with you all.

Cheers,
              Fred

Comment

Greetings all and a humble thank you for allowing me the opportunity to access the resources and knowledge of this website.
                My family calls me Erik, my friends call me Waltz, my girlfriend calls me Pillsbury. She says it's because I've put on a couple pounds over the last few years, I like to think it's because I can poke her in the stomach, haha, totally joking. If ya didn't chuckle a little at that, then you're probably my wife and now I'm in trouble, sorry honey.... In all seriousness, I just made that up but feel free to use it.
                Moving on, I usually get something, get home, take it apart, try to make it better, throw it back together then use it. Electronics are probably the weakest link in my chain so I'm hoping to learn a bit and fix these two stupid TV's I picked up from a thrift shop.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm Luke, aka Barnard. By day I work in retail, by night / weekend I'm a keen PC builder - a fairly recent hobby I've gotten into in the last few years. Looking forward to learning from the experts here at Badcaps!

Comment

Hi all, my name is Pasi, and I decided to join this place while searching for info on diagnosing and fixing our Panasonic TC-P42S2 plasma TV.

I've been an amateur tinkerer with electric and electronic gadgets since my childhood in the 70s and 80s when I'd take radios, tape decks, and the like apart to see how they worked and what I could add on to them. Said childhood was spent in Finland and enriched by the proud ownership of a VIC-20, C64, and Express-branded PC XT clone (and I mean clone in the literal sense—that thing looked very much like the original).

Since then I've relocated to the US and spent much more time tinkering with software than hardware, but I'm interested in getting back into learning about the basics, including the components and circuits that allow all our gadgets come to life.

Comment

Hi. I like fixing things.

Comment

Hello, lots of cool stuff to start looking at.
                        Thanks,
                        Brett

Comment

Aargh those darn caps , trying to repair some lcd dispays and landed here :-)

Regards Silentburner

Comment

I am new in this forum. I studied Electrical Engineering, and worked as HW and SW-Engineer. I am interested in Vintage Computers (esp. Sharp Pocket Computers f.ex.), and different electronic devices, as f. ex. Television Sets etc. Some of this devices need to be repaired, too.

As I read before, there are lots of highly interesting informations about electronics inside this forum, I'm sure it will help me in my work.

Beside this, I am interested in standard things, concerning technology, physics, mathematics, etc.

Comment

Hi. I'm a computer scientist by trade, and electronics hobbyist. I got drawn to this site so I can fix my fix which keeps cutting out.

Comment

Hi, I've visited this site many times in the past and just thought "why not join". I retired from telecommunications 7 or 8 years ago but still like to "fix" things. I help silver surfers and (try to) repair laptops, mobile phones etc. I started out buying faulty tv's from auction sites, but postage became costly and tv prices dipped. The latest project is a plasma tv from a friend which suffered lightning strike/power surge.

Comment

Hola. Been reading here, but haven't solved my TV problem, so time to join up

Comment

Hi,

I am dank2006 and I'm working on Virtual Reality product.
                                    I'm looking for high resolution (1920x1080 or more) AMOLED display which supports high refresh rate of 180Hz and higher.

Can one recommend where can I find such display?
                                    Note: I am not looking for display module from the cell phone, but on pure display which I can get specifications for and which I can fully control.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

I'm Unixmonkey and own a tv that doesn't work! I guess I have to post something before I can ask a question, so here's my post! I'm an IT professional supporting a financial system for a large organization.

Comment

Hi all new to the forum so just saying hello to everyone, im an electrician and been in the industry for over 6 years, working on anglian water sites (clean and dirty water), commercial and industrial sites as well

Comment

Hey i'm here to talk tech and troubleshoot stuff. I'll also be asking my own questions along the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X