The Boss Stooge

City & State: Salem, MO
My Country: United States
Line Voltage: 240V @ 60Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan81 View Post
As a fair warning, the last and only Turion based DV6000 I reflowed and gave to someone worked for one more week then quietly died forever...so I'd be careful with that one...

It was a trade of sorts - I got his G86+Intel based DV6000 and gave him the Turion+Go7200. The Intel still runs to this day (and surprisingly cool for a G86 chip, though not very surprised since I have done a few small mods to the HSF that HP could care less to do)

He said he'd drop by and bring the "roadkill" one of these days, and I've talked him into replacing that DV6000 for free with something better, and am still looking for some run-of-the-mill Acer or ASUS w/ a G84, G86 or G9x GPU to throw his RAM and HDD into.

G8x chips run fairly well if cooled properly. Add a copper shim to the core if it uses thermal pad, and it runs great. I can also say I liked ASUS' initiative of making the GPU HSF on my G70S (it has 2 separate heatsinks in a sandwich - one is an big aluminium CPU HSF (though the base for the CPU itself is copper) and the one right above it which cools the SLi chip as well as the GPU, and that one is full copper.
Ok, I'm convinced. I'll use it out in the garage for a crap system....when it dies, it's done.... It's not worth buying a battery or a SSD for.

Badcaps.net Services:

Premade Capacitor Kits
Badcaps.net Capacitor Master List

Motherboard Repair Services

If you've come here in search of replacement capacitors or repair services, please use the links above.
----------------------------------------------
Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
http://folding.stanford.edu/
Team : 49813
Join in!!
Team Stats
Topcat is offline   Reply With Quote