LG W2343T - 3 bad 16V 1000uF Suscon caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG W2343T - 3 bad 16V 1000uF Suscon caps

Thought I would post some pictures since this model isn't in the badcaps forum.

Got this for free. I just opened it up and didn't even bother testing it. Managed to break every snap opening the thing up and like another LG that I fixed, the power board is held to the frame with two pieces of tape.

Made in July 2010. Three obviously bloated 16V 1000uF Suscon caps. All these bloated caps are on the 5V rail.

Since I didn't know what else was potentially wrong with this monitor, I put in used, unknown ESR, Rubycon ZL 1200uF 10V capacitors that were made in 2004. I didn't recap the other ones and I don't have an ESR tester.

Fired up and it works. This is the highest resolution monitor I have in the house now and it looks pretty good to me. Turned down the brightness setting of 100 down to 50.

I think I will leave the 12 year old used Rubycon ZL caps in there as an experiment to see how long they last. Since I don't know how many hours are on the ccfl tubes, I think the ZLs will be fine. If they die, I can recap all the old electrolytic with new caps.
    Attached Files
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Re: LG W2343T - 3 bad 16V 1000uF Suscon caps

i replaced them with 6.3v 1500uf chemicon PSC polymer in my LG IPS 235V

Comment

Working...
    X