macbook a1466 emc 3178 help figuring out how to dump/flash my bios/efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook a1466 emc 3178 help figuring out how to dump/flash my bios/efi

i see alot of paid services on the net but i have a hard time trusting anyone with my macbook. i have forgotten my password... is there anyone that has experience in dumping the bios on this model and can advise me in which tools i would need? thanks

Re: macbook a1466 emc 3178 help figuring out how to dump/flash my bios/efi

read bios with external programmer and post here... i can clean password for you and then you flash it back
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

what kind of programmer/flasher do i need? and is the bios encrypted or just binary data?

Comment

would a ch341a and a j6100 adapter for it be good enough to read and write data to bios/efi chip?

Comment

nvm - 10 chars
          Last edited by james28909; 11-20-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
            read bios with external programmer and post here... i can clean password for you and then you flash it back
            hi ala_borbe, can you send me the a1466 emc 3178 bios archive?

Comment

hello again
              i have bought ch341a programmer and also have bought the adapter clip to plug right into the service port on the motherboard. i cannot get the ch341a software to recognize the chip and i cannot dump the chip either.

any help would very much be appreciated at this point, i have pretty good soldering skills. i feel like i need to supply power somewhere but i am not sure, and i cannot find alot of documentation on this specific model.

Comment

best way is to desolder bios and put it in adapter

clip dont work on every board
                Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Working...
                X