Samsung UN65KS9000FXZA vertical flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65KS9000FXZA vertical flickering

I just got a nice Samsung UN65KS9000FXZA in the shop that has a vertical flickering like a backlight getting ready to short out or possibly a Quantum Dot local dimming issue, or UHD dimming issue. It uses 2 bars and is edge lit but I've never seen a vertical flicker from top to bottom. Usually with horizontal strips but that's why I'm wondering if it's a main board issue. I tried to pick it upon the camera but it doesn't show. I've tried turning on and off several picture settings and modes but not finding anything to fix that damn flickering yet. Then there is another dilemma. Getting the bottom cover off to get to the boards. The two silver trim pieces come off easy to reveal the screws and the bottom comes out fine but the sides must have some type of clips and the panel is very thin so it's more stress of getting used to seeing these new $3000 Sammy's coming in. It's close to LG Oled's back cover's but this Sammy is hard to figure out without a service manual or a diagram. Anybody had one yet and can offer a suggestion. Not in the mood to damage this panel. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN65KS9000FXZA vertical flickering

This is either a push up or pop back deal. You may have to grab one side and wiggle as you pop the clip up and away from the back. But do it gently. Is long as you're not pulling up from the bottom and trying to snap it from the top you're not putting pressure against the panel. But you should be able to pull up from the top corner to pop the clip. Should not hinder any damage as to pulling up from the bottom side as you can imagine that would be pressing into the panel which would not be good.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

By the way looking at the design There will be a polarizer and a plastic sheet or 2 behind the LCD. Plus you have the metal back frame. There will be some cushioning effect to the TV. Still a little different than the oled design Where you do not have any cushion because the panel is glued to the back As one piece

Comment

If a customer calls to bring one in make sure you tell them to bring the One Connect box as the box contains the hdmi ports, not even one on the main board in the tv. The bottom of the back cover has to come out first because you can see the top clips go under the top but the sides don't want to pull up. Just wanna kill a Samsung engineer for coming up with this farce.

Comment

Did you ever get that cover off yet

Comment

No, I didn't have to. I was able to take a video of the flicker and send it to Samsung and it's a bad edge lit led on the right side. They agreed to send the tv in for repair since it's under warranty because it's difficult to get to them. Didn't break my heart at all as there are also two green ribbon cables in each lower corner that you have to be very careful not to damage when removing the PITA cover which does use "clips from hell" on the sides that wouldn't budge. It's a good thing this dude got the extended warranty from Samsung or he would have been screwed. First time I've seen it on this model but I suspect Samsung is well aware of it after they saw it and agreed to take it back. I'm curious to see what happens next. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Damn. That's good let us know.

Comment

Customer just called and he is happy. Took 3 weeks to receive the Tv and the picture looks good. The more expensive the model the more of a pain in the ass they are to work on. Retirement is looking better everyday. I'm getting tired answering broken panel calls all day.

Comment

Working...
                X