Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N5010 no power

Hello,

A customer brought me a Dell N5010. He told me that after bios update the laptop won't open.
    On the power sequence, I don't have the S5_ENABLE signal which comes from the KBC that's why I tried to change it, but no difference.
    I also don't have 3,3V and 5V on the coils, but VREG3 & VREG5 are fine. I also change this chip but no change.

Anything else to try???

Re: N5010 no power

Did you flash the main BIOS and EC ROM with a known-working dump?
    Last edited by piernov; 08-08-2017, 09:52 AM.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Did you flash the main BIOS and EC ROM with a known-working dump?
      I flashed the one. It was 4MB file size. I dont know if I have a known EC ROM.

Comment

Try to flash the EC ROM, maybe someone here has got it. The BIOS update may have contained an EC update and that's what failed.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I managed to find a good EC update and the laptop works fine.
          Thank you very much.

Comment

I am having the same problem. After a firmware update it wouldn't power up. I'm not familiar with what the EC ROM is. Is that another chip on the board, or is it a portion baked into the bios?

I removed the bios chip and manually flashed it with the bios file from Dell's website. Their file is a .exe file, so I extracted the .bin from it. It still doesn't work. Did I miss a step?

Comment

Originally posted by nortnil View Post
              I am having the same problem. After a firmware update it wouldn't power up. I'm not familiar with what the EC ROM is. Is that another chip on the board, or is it a portion baked into the bios?

I removed the bios chip and manually flashed it with the bios file from Dell's website. Their file is a .exe file, so I extracted the .bin from it. It still doesn't work. Did I miss a step?
              Ec chip is another chip on the motherboard just on the opposite side of processor socket. Its labelled as U6202 on the mb. size 128kb perhaps.

Comment

THANK YOU mcplslg123! I found the chip and a bios file from this post here
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...30&postcount=1

I just flashed the file and I'm getting lights and power again. I'm about to put it back together now, but it seems like it should be working.

Thanks again, huge help.

Comment

Working...
                X