Toshiba 40L1333DB Vestel 17ips20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40L1333DB Vestel 17ips20

Got this set and its completely dead power supply is 17IPS20 with barcode 23122636..the faults are a carbon copy of this video from reeceyburger :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7vnoqcTbQM

rather than repair.. id like to replace the whole psu but the exact 17ips20 with right barcode I want seems to be a lot more expensive than other 17ips20..so my question is it strictly necessary to replace the board with the exact matching barcode? I was under the impression it was... I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but ill ask it again! lol!

Re: Toshiba 40L1333DB Vestel 17ips20

anyone? the panel in this TV is ves400unds-02-b I've seen this panel in some other vestel sets like polaroid.. so if I take a 17ips20 psu from a polaroid with a different barcode but with the same panel will it potentially work? I'm getting bombarded with TV's at the minute and haven't really got the time to repair much at the min need quick fixes!
    cheers!

Comment

Why not give it a try ? I thought it was the mainboard, the stickers were important on, not the power supplies as long as the pins and voltages are the same. I know I've swapped Vestel power supplies before.

If you need a hand fixing let me know. I'm based in Leicester.

Comment

yep I'm definitely going to give it a try! wow... whereabouts ? im near wigston you?

Comment

I'm near the space centre.

Comment

Hi. Did this method work. I have the same 40L1333 guy whom I got it from.tempted to repair the said board using the eBay kit and made a right royal mess of the job. Feel its safer to just replace the faulty power board. Got few 17IPS20 from other models.

Comment

Any update on this post?

Comment

There MUST be some difference with each board. I would want to match the voltages and also the connectors. Even if the connectors are different, I would try rewiring for them to match. The Backlight voltage should be close, also. If it looks reasonable and you are sure the PSU is the original problem. I'll give the all clear to give it a try.

Comment

did this work for you please?

Comment

Working...
                  X