Panasonic plasma colorful screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic plasma colorful screen

Anyone had this issue before? Tv boots up, screen comes on, with a screen full of horizontal eeprom corrupted kind of colorful lines and gives a buzz on the speakers then goes to standby mode with 14 red blinks which narrows to A board (Mainboard) according to service manual. Anyway to fix this issue? Looks more like a corrupted chip to me.

Panasonic plasma TH-42S10K

Re: Panasonic plasma colorful screen

Almost certainly main board, is the on-screen display OK (menus, etc.)? It looks ok in that pic.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That looks like a BGA Processor or RAM failure. Replace main if you haven't got rework tools.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

A close up on the BGA's. Which one might that be?

Comment

If i were to guess, i would say it's the biggest one on the board, but for a real opinion you're going to have to take the heatsinks off so we can see some part numbers.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

The biggest one is the PDP controller. Failure of that will cause maldischarge and shut down faults.

The most likely candidate is actually one of the smaller ones in my opinion. I'd say the middle/top one is the main controller / applications processor and the one on the right is a HDMI or input processor, but it's hard to say for sure.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Problem solved. Replaced main board. Got a good condition used board for 40 bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X