Samsung UA50ES6200mxxy. Vert colour stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA50ES6200mxxy. Vert colour stripes

Given this TV which displays likely screen damage but checking it over anyway just in case. Verticals jump around at start but then settle as shown in pic. Notice gap at top of screen and black spot bottom lhs. Have taken t-con out and will give all ribbons and board a good clean and report back. Meanwhile what do you think?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UA50ES6200mxxy. Vert colour stripes

Well cleaning ribbons etc changed nothing. Have not done any voltage checks as yet due this TV no buttons on side or under. Largest back panel of the set has a joystick type control and also receives remote control commands so I need to set it up with the back off but plugged into main as otherwise it covers part of tcon area. The top of screen after the space looks to be compressed somewhat. Can buy a tcon for $30 delivered so I'm tempted.

Comment

Finally got this set all setup to be able to check the t-con connectors, and lucky to find i had a Samsung remote for this smart 3d tv. First up unhooked ribbon lhs (from rear) no result but then tried with rhs disconnected and success with half a screen. Also swapped the ribbons over just in case one faulty but same result. So I'm hopeful of a good end result. What checks can I do on the t-con?
      Attached Files

Comment

check the lower edge boards along the bottom of the screen... especially around / near the tab ribbon connections for contamination due to "window washing".

Comment

Well no joy from another tcon as still the same problem. This would confirm screen driver board for lhs of screen is kaput somewhere. Did check it carefully for signs of damage but none evident on what I could see. But it does appear from rf connector etc that this set may have been wall mounted outside (rusty). Also that side of screen at bottom left has a circular damage mark. Pity as I would like to have saved this one.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maxvalutech; 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM.

Comment

This looks like a broken panel to me. I had a sony 55" tv with a very small circular damage in the left buttom corner just like you. I also had vertical colored lines like you.

I think this damaged happend to my tv as the owner carried it. Maybe too much pressure with a finger..
            Last edited by Hauke; 03-09-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

any of the smd caps on that side of the lcd read short? and that circular damage looks odd ive never seen pictures of damage like that.

Comment

That spot looks like something in between the screen glass and the polariser sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                  That spot looks like something in between the screen glass and the polariser sheets.

Good throry but that would be in abrupt edge but this shows blue pixels between the light in the black definitely looks like a pressure or a fatigue or a manufacturing error.
                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I'll be checking the driver board as best I can before giving up. My theory is the screen mark caused by thumb pressure when holding set up for wall mount but I don't know the history.

Comment

Took the front frame off after testing and trying a few things on driver board which didn't change anything. The spot is definitely on screen and near to it in the corner I noticed a small rough dent in screen also - this I conclude is the problem area and can't be fixed. Parted it out and put those to one side I.e. main, PSU, tcon, and minor boards/straps if anyone interested.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X