Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus eeepc mini laptop display issue

Hello

I have an asus 1000he eeepc mini laptop that turns on however I get no video. The power status indicator lights turns on so the pc gets good voltage and turns on howeer the battery light is blinking slowly and orange which means the the battery level is between 80 and 10 percent. The hard drive led is off meaning the hard drive is not being read. The wireless light indicator is on meaning the wifi is enabled. What could the problem be? Could it be the Gpu needs a reflow? Could it be a motherboard issue? Does anyone have the service manual for this laptop? I am going to check the capacitors also
    Any help is appreciated thanks!

Re: Asus eeepc mini laptop display issue

What does it do when you plug in an external display to VGA?

Comment

i plugged it in to an external monitor and it gives no video signal.

Comment

Alright well it's not needing a GPU reflow because it uses Intel graphics, and they don't have any known issues.

Did you drop the computer or spill anything on it?

Have you tried it with a different power adapter, or with the battery removed? Have you verified the RAM is properly seated?

Comment

Try a BIOS reset.
          In the expansion bay at the bottom, there should be 2 solder pads in triangle form, labelled "CLRTC". Short them out. Works like the BIOS reset jumper on a regular PC motherboard. Those pads might be hidden underneath the RAM.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Scenic. I tried the Bios Reset and bam! I got video now.I wonder why the Bios needed resetting.

Comment

Working...
            X