Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > General Topics > General Capacitor Questions & Issues
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Dangermoose007

City & State: Lubbock, Texas
My Country: US
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Question Board works fine, but 1 bulging cap...

I'm selling a power supply board on E-Bay that was working fine and taken out of a TV with a cracked screen. Upon inspection I did notice 1 slightly bulging cap (pic related) that has not yet affected its performance.

Should I replace the cap? The TV is already taken apart and some parts are in the trash bin, so I wont have a way to test it to make sure its working if I do replace the cap, and I have not replaced a cap before.

(Yes, I'm honest in My E-Bay listing, and it does highlight the fact one cap is slightly bulging.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bulge.JPG (99.5 KB, 27 views)
Dangermoose007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
ben7
Capaholic

City & State: Trenton, NJ
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 240/120V 60Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Default Re: Board works fine, but 1 bulging cap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermoose007 View Post
I'm selling a power supply board on E-Bay that was working fine and taken out of a TV with a cracked screen. Upon inspection I did notice 1 slightly bulging cap (pic related) that has not yet affected its performance.

Should I replace the cap? The TV is already taken apart and some parts are in the trash bin, so I wont have a way to test it to make sure its working if I do replace the cap, and I have not replaced a cap before.

(Yes, I'm honest in My E-Bay listing, and it does highlight the fact one cap is slightly bulging.)
Replace all the electrolytic capacitors, so the end customer will get a reliable replacement part which will require no re-capping.

Even if you replace the bulged one, the other capacitors are likely the same brand - 'CapXon',0 which is a VERY CRAPPY brand - and they will likely bulge in the future.