Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC Vm-42wv74

Hello,

I'm trying to repair a Plasma Display (JVC Vm-42wv74) which is not turning on. This model is known to have power supply issues, enough that there aren't any on Ebay. I opened it up and found some very obviously bulging caps which I have replaced at no small expense for caps. 2x 250WV 1500uf + 2x 450WV 330 uf (these things were freaking pricey, i assume because their voltage was so high) I also re-flowed the solder around a number of loose (wiggly) caps that showed no signs of bulging.

Turns out the bulging caps weren't the issue, as I am still not getting the TV to turn on. When I plug it in, the greed LED light turns on the Power Supply, but the red LED does not, and there are no audible relay clicks like I would expect out of a Plasma.

I have confirmed the power supply is receiving 115 volts, and the VSB Test Point is showing a proper 5.9v, however none of the other test points are receiving any voltage, including the 5v. The two fuses I found are also testing minimal resistance, so they are not blown.

at this point any thoughts would be much appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: JVC Vm-42wv74

Here's a picture of how the boards layout, let me know if you need a pic of the backside of the power supply
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X