Just a simple query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a simple query?

I have a Samsung LE40R88BDX needing a new main board, now I know you can change screen size, type ect in the service menu, so would that mean that say a 32" version would suffice or does it have to be specifically for my model?

Re: Just a simple query?

32" should be fine, it's important mainly to match 720p to 720p and 1080p to 1080p. So you cannot usually put a 1080p mainboard in a 720p TV and vice versa. You MAY find the colours are distorted when the set powers on with new main board, if this is the case then you will need to go into the service menu and change the panel settings. (e.g. if your current TV has AMLCD then use 40" AMLCD setting.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      32" should be fine, it's important mainly to match 720p to 720p and 1080p to 1080p. So you cannot usually put a 1080p mainboard in a 720p TV and vice versa. You MAY find the colours are distorted when the set powers on with new main board, if this is the case then you will need to go into the service menu and change the panel settings. (e.g. if your current TV has AMLCD then use 40" AMLCD setting.)
      Thank you, confirmed what I thought.

Comment

Whaaaaaa?! Really? I thought it had to be exact. I turned away a potential customer who needed an EAX32740501 main board that I had, just because I had a part number with a different AGF# (he had an LG 47LC7DF-UB, and my board was from an LG 47LB5D-UC) are you saying it could have been compatible?

Comment

Most likely it would have been fine, but there might be model differences like one having digital audio and one not, for example...
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X