Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huntkey LW-6400H 1 bulging cap, can you help ID it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntkey LW-6400H 1 bulging cap, can you help ID it?

I have this PSU I want to put new cap(s) in

At the moment there is one bulging one but I hope to replace all once I can get some small enough!

First, some photos so you can see what we're looking at..

The bulgy one is in the middle of the 2nd photo, marked KSC.. It's the only bulgy one in the whole PSU. I doubt the big huge resistor right next to it helps (maybe I'll turn it around so it's not as close to the cap??)

There's another cap the same on other side of the heatsink, I want to replace both now.

I have some LXZ I can replace them with but I want to know the origin of the original cap to make sure I'm not putting an unsuitable replacement..

It says:

GL
    VENT
    -40+105*C

and on the other side

KSC
    1000uF
    10v

Does anyone know this capacitor?
    Attached Files
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Re: Huntkey LW-6400H 1 bulging cap, can you help ID it?

King-Sun GL series
    http://www.king-sun.com/doce/jsnycp1-y.htm

Since their sheets are not available, I'll need the the caps dimensions in millimeters, diameter x height, to find a reasonable replacement.

It looks like a 10mm cap. But even an 8mm is workable with Panasonic, Nichicon, or United Chemi-Con replacements.

Toast
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Thanks for that

Going by your link I think the LXZ would be alright, as they are both described as low impedance, high reliability and rated 105*C.

The originals are 8mm and my LXZ are 10mm but luckily there's just enough room to fit them in there

The rest of the caps are either 'Decon SH' or have 'BH' printed inside a diamond. Other than that there seems to be no special markings.

There's also 1 teapo, 2200uf, 16v, 10mm across and very tall. Not sure what type it is. It's green with gold lettering.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Decon is rat-killer, isn't it???

BH & Decon are crap caps.

Teapo is fairly common in PSU's and this is likely an SC series. 2200uF@16 in 10mm is a toughie. I'd opt for a Nichicon HN @ 1800uF there as its size is good, ripple is 3190, ESR is 9. If you think you can shoehorn a 12.5mm there, then there are more options in the same 3 brands I mentioned before.

I'd replace all of these caps if you're so inclined.

When you replace the blown one, try and move it farther away from that resistor next to it. Even making the leads a bit longer so you can bend it away from the resistor will help. Nothing like putting the can of gas next to a heater. Sooner or later...

Toast
        veritas odium parit

Comment

YES --> ""Decon are crap caps.""
          If you ever get into an Akai LCD TV you'll need between 40 and 60 of them.

I haven't blown any BH yet, but I've been trying.

The Teapo I'd leave alone unless it's bloated or you just wanna.
          They are -usually- okay in PSU's. Only Teapos I remember seeing blown in PSU's had Fuhjyyu's in there with them to 'help things along'.

The 10mm 10v/16v 3300uF Samxon RS series sold here at BCN are great for PSU's and they fit. Plus going from 2200uF -> 3300uF isn't a bad idea when you have a low cap count output filter like that one.
          https://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=22

Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Here's a full list (everything is 105*C)

That said, as I'm in NZ best place to get quality caps is probably RS Components.

Jaycar used to sell Samxon for their Low ESR but I think I saw a thread on here that said they were selling 'Suntan' now.. the catalog however still shows Samxon in the photos..

DSE is useless and most other shops just seem to sell standard/horrible caps that are what you all throw out of PSUs and Motherboards on a daily basis

C40 = <BH> - 4.7uF - 50v - 5mm
            C29 = <BH> - 220uF - 16v - 5/6mm MAX
            C?? = <BH> - 1000uF - 10v - 10mm MAX (Four of these seem to cover 3.3v & 5v)
            C32 = <BH> - 220uF - 16v - 5/6mm

C45 = UNITED - 2.2uF - 50v - 5mm

C42 = DECON SH - 1uF - 50v - 5mm
            C36 = DECON SH - 22uF - 50v - 5mm
            C37 = DECON SH - 4.7uF - 50v - 5mm
            C28 = DECON SH - 4.7uF - 50v - 5mm
            C11 = DECON SH - 10uF - 50v - 4/5mm
            C12 = DECON SH - 10uF - 50v - 4/5mm
            C21 = DECON SH - 47uF - 50v - 5/6mm or so MAX

C33 = TEAPO "SC105*C,12/04,A3" - 2200uF - 16v - 10mm but I can cram a 12.5mm in there (and this seems to be the only cap on the 12v rail)

There's also the 2 x KSC - 1000uF - 10volt, one of which (The bulgy one) is on the 5vSB rail. The other one may also be connected but not sure. I've replaced these already with the LXZ.

Nothing else is bulging (yet)....
            Last edited by Agent24; 05-21-2009, 11:07 PM.
            -David VanHorn

Comment

PS: Don't know about the 12v rail but it's 11.87 idle in BIOS (measure with DMM not BIOS) and when rebooting/POST or loading a live linux CD it's jumping about from 11.79 to 11.91 and just about everything in between

But when idle with the CD running it's 11.92

Should I care?
              -David VanHorn

Comment

One of the members here is a Samxon dealer out of Hong Kong.
                This guy:
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/member...tposter&t=5549
                The deal is he's allowed to be here as long as he doesn't sell to the US and Canada.
                Send him a PM and see what he has.

The 12v regulator is going to be off when there isn't much load.
                The range is 11.4-12.6 so it's not going out and it looks like as you add load it gets better so I wouldn't worry too much unless it's jumping around when the system is in a steady state.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Working...
                X