Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post - Winfast K7NCR18G-Pro

Hi there,

I'm completely new here. This is my first post.

Some years ago, I have purchased a Winfast K7NCR18G-Pro motherboard manufactured by leadtek. This board failed after 1.5 years. So, I have replaced that board with an Asus A7N8X-X. On those days, I haven't any information regarding bad capacitors on main board. Recently I have registered to this site and read many topic regarding bad brand capacitors and instruction on possible replacement. This failed board is still in my shelf (pretty clean) and if possible I want to start my first re-capping experiments with this board.

The capacitors in this board are all from GSC and nearly all of these capacitors (green color) are bulging as following:

14 - unit of bulging capacitor from GSC (green cover), 1500 uF , 6.3 V , 105C , T2DA

15 - unit of bulging capacitor from GSC (green cover), 1000 uF , 6.3 V , 105C , T2NB

There are also 2 capacitor from GSC (dark blue cover), 2200 uF, 16 V, 105C, T20A – without bulging.

There are also many small capacitors all from GSC (black cover), without building as following:

10 uF, 35 v
    22 uF, 25 v
    100 uF, 15 v
    220 uF, 16 v
    470 uF, 16 v

So, practically is this possible to replace all of these capacitors, or should I only replace the bulging and not consider the others from GSC.

This is the first time I want to recap a board. Is this possible that this board with such large quantity of capacitor can live after recapping, or maybe there are also other hardware problems in the other part of board.

Also, please help me in finding the new capacitor, as I don't know which other info I should consider for purchasing new ones. Meanwhile, I need to know the information on online stores in Asia with international shipping to my country.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you.

http://img264.*************/img264/1774/winfast.jpg

Re: My first post - Winfast K7NCR18G-Pro

GSC/Evercon (same company, different name) is known crap.

if you're going to replace them, replace all of them (470uF and up), because the other ones will most likely fail too.. (sooner or later..)

this shop here ships everywhere. but you need paypal.

other option would be to contact Big Pope (forum member here).

if the board is still "alive" (giving out a picture, beeping or any other signs of life) chances are high that it works after a recap =)

edit: oh... and welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks for your reply over.

The fact is that I don't know whether the board is still live or not. When I assemble the old PC (which still working with my Asus board) and going to use Winfast board; this is not any clear sign (at least for me) indicating the board is still live. No post, no beep, really nothings. In a nutshell, the PC is not able to turn-on. So, I want to be sure if the problem is from those crap capacitors and replacing such large number (at least 36) of caps will bring the life to it.

http://img264.*************/img264/1774/winfast.jpg

Above is the image of board.

Thanks.

Comment

if no burned mosfets.ect just recap it.
        it will most likely work.

Comment

I agree but make sure you change all the GSC, not just the bloated ones.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Sorry to ask since I'm completely new in this field, do u mean all the GSC even in small uF or according to Scenic only 470 uF and up capacitor?

Comment

That's kind of a judgment call.

The VAST majority of the time everything 470uF and up is enough.

[Rare] Once in a great while small 100-330uF right near the chipset cause problems.
              Considering these are GSC if there were some of those 220uF and 100uF you listed right near the chipset I'd probably replace those too but looking at your photo that's not the case.

470uF and up sounds like a good plan.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X