Jet Way with bad caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Way with bad caps.

Well, if I didn't learn my lesson the first time.....

This isn't quite in response to my first thread, as this is a completely different motherboard......kind of.

I had a previous issue with a Machspeed board with the thread here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=machspeed

I got the same model motherboard from Jet Way. So I have 2 PCs running this model motherboard, although the "brand name" is different. however, the issues I'm having are also completely the same. I'm going to push more on getting this board replaced by the manufacturer, but if they don't, you can count on me adding quite a bit more to this thread. I will add pictures as soon as I can, though. I just haven't had a chance to take them. Maybe tomorrow.

Re: Jet Way with bad caps.

Sorry for the delay in getting the pics.

Here are the boards side by side.

Can you tell the difference? Other than color, the ONLY difference is the BIOS. The stock BIOS for the MS, came with v5, while the JW came with v6.1. However, I updated the flash on the MS to 6.1, meaning they are still the same board. The MS was boasting OC capabilities, yet the JW had the exact same capability. Just a rebrand of the same board.

Anyway, here are the bad Caps on the JW board.

If you checked out my MS thread, you'll notice they are the exact same position of caps to blow. An old bowling instructor of mine, years ago, said if you throw the ball in the same place twice, you won't score anything the second time around."

I got the RMA, but they are charging me $10 for return postage. Some 1 year warranty. Many other companies I've used ship it back without charge, as part of the warranty service.

We'll see how this goes, and what it looks like when it's returned.

Comment

Those are Sacon FZ.
      Usually seen on video cards.
      The are total crap.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

These are the Nichicon HD knockoffs in appearance only - nowhere close in quality.

Comment

They are pretty crappy capacitors. They are the only ones that seem to fail on these boards.

Through personal use, I've found that the board is quite stable.....EXCEPT...once these capacitors blow. It's a shame, these really are good boards. That's what you get when you try to cut costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Doramius
            I got the RMA, but they are charging me $10 for return postage. Some 1 year warranty. Many other companies I've used ship it back without charge, as part of the warranty service.
            We'll see how this goes, and what it looks like when it's returned.
            It's not worth returning it becuase they will probably send you a board with the same crap caps. And chances are (like 100%) that even the new motherboard will fail. So just recap it instead and be done with it. Make sure to replace every FZ cap, though (maybe except for the really small ones).

Comment

That's part of the whole reason why I am returning this board. I want to see what they'll actually do. Your prediction is about the same as mine. If it is, I'll be sure to post about it. I'm really not happy with the company for the customer service and the quality of materials. I'm hoping to at least get more info on their practices and allow people to realize they are just a crappy company overall and to just avoid their products.

Comment

Email them a link to the thread.
                You'll probably get all Rubycons.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

idk

i had a jetway covered in evercon- not a single good cap

total crap!
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                  X