• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock K7S8X R3.0

Hi all

my first post here

found this in my brothers computer,
    the mainboard is still working fine in spite of the 5 open caps.
    all big brown KZG 3300uF caps still seem to be fine.
    well the smaller taicon 1000uF caps are
    I guess taicon is a rather bad company?

I will try to replace them, would Yageo caps be o.k. for that? (looks like its rather difficult to get something different in europe)
    Btw: would be a temperature controlled (150-450°C) soldering iron enough for that or do i need more equipment?

Thanks for helping me & sry for my bad english
    olaf
    Attached Files

Re: Asrock K7S8X R3.0

Depends on the specs of those Yageos. Do you have any other info on those?

Re the soldering iron: if it has at least 30W, it's fine. Make sure you have enough solder, it's much easier if you use LOTS of it.

btw, it's not impossible to get decent parts in Europe...where exactly do you live?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Depends on the specs of those Yageos. Do you have any other info on those?
      1000uF 6.3V, 10 mm x 12 mm, max. temperature: 150°C, durability: 2000-5000h, esr: 0.08
      btw, it's not impossible to get decent parts in Europe...where exactly do you live?
      i m living in austria

Thanks in advance

Comment

Just checked on Yageo and found out that they own Teapo.
        ewwwwww...... wouldn't trust these in a mainboard, probably they are identical to the Teapos, as they use the same series numbers.

I sent you a PM about availability in Austria.
        "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

those Yeago / Teapo would probably work, but not much longer then those Taicon.

So if kikkoman can`t suit your needs, there is www.rs-components.at, which probably can (ok, 20€ min order ...).
          I would suggest some decent Panasonic FM`s or Samxon.

Comment

Check out your PSU. The odds are pretty good that the 3.3v rail (and maybe other rails too) has failed caps on it, which in turn contributed to the failure of the Taicons (which are known bad caps) on the mobo.

Comment

Failure of Taicons on this particular board (or better the series of K7S8 boards) is inevitable.
              Sure checking the PSu never hurts with this current sucking board (only 5v powered), but even the best would not influence the well being of this shit caps in this particular bad design (hot temperature due to linear voltage regulator).

Comment

thx for the replies,
                i ll gonna check the caps on the psu aswell

Comment

another question: there are some more TAICON caps on the ASrock board that still look ok.
                  should i replace them aswell?

thanks for your help

Comment

I would fix it once, thus replace all of Taicon caps.

Comment

That board is a joke. 2 Phase VRM? I would replace ALL the Taicons. Sure, replacing the dead ones alone will get the baord up and running, but eventually you will have to replace the other Taicons as well..
                      Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                      Zippy GSM-6600P
                      Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
                      Abit IP35Pro
                      ATi HD4870

Comment

Originally posted by kikkoman
                        Just checked on Yageo and found out that th ey own Teapo.
                        ewwwwww...... wouldn't trust these in a mainboard, probably they are identical to the Teapos, as they use the same series numbers.

I sent you a PM about availability in Austria.
                        I wouldn't trust yageos on anything,I remember finding 5 of them bulging on an older amd board from around mid 2000.Other than that I havent seen them on any newer boards

Comment

Hello, I posted here a while ago (time flies) due to a single capacitor failing on the same board.
                          It has been working since then, it still works but all the taicon are swollen and it needs a reset to completely boot (but then it works fine).
                          I need to replace 12 capacitors, I found these on ebay but they smell as fakes, however the seller has 100% positive reviews.
                          What do you think, fakes or not?

Comment

Hello pippolippi

I bought those caps (and some 3300uF panasonic FJ) to recap an epox 8rda+ mainboard. They dont look like fakes to me.
                            The board is working fine without problems now.

Comment

Thank you, anyway that's the point: the fakes usually don't look like fakes, and in HK are specialized in faking anything.
                              Sometimes I don't mind (e.g. if I'm buying a memory stick for the psp I'm not expecting to receive a genuine one, especially if the fake works as well as the original for a third of the price) but in this case I wouldn't want to have to recap again in a few months.

Comment

Bzzt.

You are funding the shady people who leads to mafias/crimal organizations with these fakes. Best thing is vote with your pocket and buy geniune and third-party quality parts stuff, not the fakes.

This is the major reasons major brands crack down on fakes while honest third party did their proper design and had to pay licensing fee to the makers to use in their stuff.

Fakers do not pay the license and doesn't test completely with expensive tools to conform to standards and quality, reliability. And many of the fakes were programmed to show larger capacity than actual size.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

i have a Asrock K7S8XE+/A/ASR. a had recent crashes BOD, i replaced the caps on it about a year ago after the same problems and things where ok. until now. the only caps i could get hold of are .. jamicon 16v 1000uf, the first time i replaced them with the direct same ( 6.3v 1000uf ). could any-one advise me if the jamicons will be ok? with the extra voltage, thank you

Comment

not sure on the brand, but the voltage only means the max. voltage the cap can take. using higher volt caps should be ok- its the value (uf) that you dont want change

if its all you can get, go for it, but id try to get ones of a better brand ("jamicon" sounds kinda fishy brand-wise)

good luck

Larry the teenage computer surgeon
                                    Last edited by ratdude747; 12-02-2008, 03:07 PM. Reason: forgot a word or 2
                                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

jamicon is crap IMHO..

seen lots of them in really cheap DVD players...
                                      bulging or open of course..

edit: i don't even know if they produce low-esr caps...!?
                                      most i've seen were GP caps..

Comment

thank you Scenic and ratdude747, i will try and source better ones. as long as the uf is ok. i was realy worried about the voltage. again thank you both.

Comment

Working...
                                        X