Sun capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun capacitors

I just reworked an Akai AP-A50 phonograph that I " inherited". The circuit board gave 1995 as the year of manufacture. All the capacitors had a cursive "Sun" logo that I misread as Lelon because I am blind, apparently. Every one of them tested at specified capacitance. My ESR meter got fried (cause I am a little confused sometimes) , so can't say if that was still ok. Are they Sun Electric and good Japanese caps or something else? Will post pictures if needed.
    Last edited by WeaselXP; 06-04-2018, 10:46 PM.

Re: Sun capacitors

Pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

95 and made in japan. Probably Japanese because I don't think japan imported much from china at the time. If they test fine, they might be surprisingly fine, though time, heat and non-use can cause caps to die

most importantly...does it work without any problems?
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Actually, the player had some issues and I recapped the entire thing with Nichicons. Working well now. Might have been the needle cartridge.

Comment

Did some checking turns out around the date 1995 these caps were made by Suncon a Japanese brand.

Suncon originally was called Omiya Electric Co in the 50's and switched in the 80's to Sun Corp then in 96 changed to Suncon.
          Suncon is used in all expensive Power supplies ( audio equipment etc.) today

These Sun caps are original japanese ones,thanks for the trip down memory lane.
          Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X