Some goodies I will be working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some goodies I will be working on

Thought I would take some before photos of a few of the motherboards I will be attempting to repair. I recycle electronics for a living and there is never a shortage of motherboards with bad caps!

Haven't fired any of these up yet so I don't know how successful I will be:

Anyhooo here are the pics:

www.bcrelectronics.ca

Re: Some goodies I will be working on

Toss the VIA chipset board or add more MLCC capacitors to all the chips and clock chips, what I mean on the supply rails for them, keep the intel chipsets. SiS maybe if drivers works 100%. The last two pictures is clones of clones. Blech.

The second picture from top is GOOD one to work on and what this came from?

Oh, you are in Ontario!

Cheers, Wizard
    Last edited by Wizard; 02-12-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
      The second picture from top is GOOD one to work on and what this came from?
      From the layout I can see in the picture, it looks like the NetVista A30 or NetVista 8300 series I've got, except my 8300 got Rubycon MBZ's and A30 got Sanyo WG's, all fine, instead of those bulging GCS'. Mine are 1.2 and 1.5 revision boards, so IBM probably later on found out that GSC was not a supplier for the future. On an older NetVista 6300-series I've got (different layout and SDRAM), there are 16 bulging GCS'.
      ------------
      Be a mensch

Comment

Well to be honest haven't had that much problems with VIA boards same with Intel boards, I find with Intel they are built like a brick, short of shorting it out can't kill them babies.

The last two boards I wanna do just for the hell of it and see what happens.

www.bcrelectronics.ca

Comment

Okay, fair enough!

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
          X