Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha RX-V2067 in Protection Mode

Hi All,

New member but have been following from the sidelines for a while. Been fixing some minor Power supply problems on Yamaha Receivers while we have been in lockdown to keep occupied. Got this RX V2067 a while ago and thought it would be an easy fix, but I have missed something and it has got me stumped on what else to look for.
    On Power up the unit immediately turns off, the protection mode is kicking in I guess. I am able to disable protection mode at it take me into diagnostic mode and the only error I get is "PS2 PRT:162H" - From my understanding this indicated the fault is in Power Supply 2 and the fault is the Protection circuit. The values I get 162H, 162H and 164H indicates a voltage is high and outside the specs. I have checked 5v, -+12V and even found a 30v rail which all appeared to be fine. Not sure which voltage the PS2 PRT is monitoring so not able to focus in on a part of the circuit.
    I am an old IT guy and have did some basic electronics some 35 years ago so pretty rusty but keen to have a poke around.

Manual over 30mb so to large, but here is a link.

Any help with this would get great,

Dave
    Sydney Australia
    Last edited by spi200; 07-21-2020, 12:33 AM. Reason: add Manual for V2067

Re: Yamaha RX-V2067 in Protection Mode

Hi Again,

Found another thread which discusses the PS2 PRT fault and it indicates the PS2 PRT monitors the +-5V.
    https://www.hometheatershack.com/thr...-fault.137426/
    Further more he indicates that he has fixed the fault by replacing the 5v regulator. I will open it up and see is I can identify the 5v regulator on the power board.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Re: Yamaha RX-V2067 in Protection Mode

Hi Mate,

Just checking to see how you went with this? I've got a RX-V2065 and struggling to locate any bad caps or faulty green caps as highlighted in other threads. I'm getting a PS2 PRT error intermittently so curious to know how you went.

Comment

Working...
      X