Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

it should be zero one way and whatever the other way correct? like a one way valve correct me if i am wrong

Comment

No need to replace them. I want you to check the voltage across them. I knew they would be diodes because they are used to suppress the relay back emf. They will show as shorted due to the parallel relay coil. They are likely fine.

I am expecting them to both read 0V, but if one of the relays is stuck, 5V or 12V will be seen.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

u mean with power on and probe each side of the diodes? sounds stupid but want to be clear to what u want me to do thanks...

Comment

well i tested arcoss them anyways reads 0.00 to 0.01 on both diodes live test

Comment

this tv is not an easy one thank god for bad caps forums lemmie tell you.

Comment

OK the problem is the PSU is not turning on the relays so we have to look at the PSU.

Need a closer pic or a listing of the labels on the connectors here.
              Attached Files
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

pin1 gnd
                pin2 5vd
                pin3 vs on
                pin4 auto on
                pin5 stby 5v
                pin6 rl-on
                pin7 acd (empty) not connected

this connector goes to the mainboard

Comment

OK check stby 5V. Try it with and without main board connector plugged in.

Comment

zilch nothing either way

Comment

OK, that is sort of good, because it puts the problem pretty firmly on the PSU.

But I'm still not 100% on whether or not your mains input filter is working.

Probe the main filter connector coming from the line filter board to the sub PSU. Use black probe in the middle pin and red probe on both of the outer two, DC volts.

If you don't see anything, it might be a burnt fusible resistor - looks like there could be one on the line filter but it's hard to say.

Comment

okay i am home now and have the three supplies with me tv is too heavy to bring back n forth however is there any tests i can do without live tests for the night ? i can tell you the supplies put out nothing on none of their outputs on the left side notta.

Comment

i knew it was a supply issue as i stated beginning of post lol anyways. but we had to re rule it out. that's good. that just confirms my idea of whats going on so we have power stuck somewhere in the supplies.

Comment

i can do continuity test to see if there is a break in the wires or whatever the live tests well again will have to wait till tomorrow.

Comment

messed with camera hope these not the best pic's are better.
                              Attached Files

Comment

also want to note there is nothing obviously burnt anywhere i can see...
                                Attached Files

Comment

last one
                                  Attached Files

Comment

hope i did not break any forum rules putting pic's up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      OK, that is sort of good, because it puts the problem pretty firmly on the PSU.

But I'm still not 100% on whether or not your mains input filter is working.

Probe the main filter connector coming from the line filter board to the sub PSU. Use black probe in the middle pin and red probe on both of the outer two, DC volts.

If you don't see anything, it might be a burnt fusible resistor - looks like there could be one on the line filter but it's hard to say.
                                      there are 2 resistors on the line filter board still havent done the last test yet will do that in the morning thanks tom for working with me btw my name is brian to properly introduce myself.

Comment

Okay found part of the problem 10 ohm resister showing open circuit and pulled it and low behold it had cracks on backside that was butted up to the heatsink.
                                        and further inspection around same area has a k2865 n channel mosfet? not sure. Anyways it shows open as well. The 2 little resistors are out of tolerance shown in picture. gonna look around and try to get these parts. any advice on anything please do advise me thanks!!!!!. tom66 said something about a burnt out resister and i spent some time testing em all and Bingo!!!! not in the clear yet but will order what i know for sure and the mosfet i question about what it is, any suggestions or confirmation would be appreciated. Thanks again tom66 u made me think, and it seems to be paying off.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-of-2SK28...item1c2a4ed530

i am certain this is it correct me if you will thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                          X