Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC power up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC power up problem

I have a Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC motherboard which does not seem to power up if you short the PWR_SW leads. If you however short the PS-ON (green wire on ATX power connector) to ground it will power up and boot without problems. Once powered up, you can switch the board off by shorting the PWR_SW lead for a few seconds, after switching off though it will again not power up if you short PWR_SW, the only way to power up is to short the PS-ON to ground on the ATX power connector.

Yes I can probably make two switch, one to hot-wire PS-ON to ground to start and the other is the normal switch connected to PWR_SW but it's rather annoying.

Any clues of what might be wrong? Thanks.

Re: Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC power up problem

Did you try another power supply?

ATX PSUs have a power good signal (gray wire) they output through the ATX connector if it's not there the mobo may not power up unless you force it directly. A power good signal won't be outputted until all of the rails are within voltage spec.
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I had tried at least two different PSU, with them having either 24pin or 20pin power connectors but the effects are the same.

Comment

you can try replacing the ITE chip. it is responsible for power on
        Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
          how easy replacing this chip, i have EXACTLY same problem, with same motherboard, one day it stop power up, and i have to use wire to power it up manually, connecting green and black wire.

Comment

i dont think its getting that far.no pg on +5stby.
            something on the board may be telling the system the +5stby is out of range and this blocks startup till you force it on.
            Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
            Did you try another power supply?

ATX PSUs have a power good signal (gray wire) they output through the ATX connector if it's not there the mobo may not power up unless you force it directly. A power good signal won't be outputted until all of the rails are within voltage spec.

Comment

Originally posted by llphat View Post
              I have a Foxconn WinFast NF4K8MC motherboard which does not seem to power up if you short the PWR_SW leads. If you however short the PS-ON (green wire on ATX power connector) to ground it will power up and boot without problems. Once powered up, you can switch the board off by shorting the PWR_SW lead for a few seconds, after switching off though it will again not power up if you short PWR_SW, the only way to power up is to short the PS-ON to ground on the ATX power connector.

Yes I can probably make two switch, one to hot-wire PS-ON to ground to start and the other is the normal switch connected to PWR_SW but it's rather annoying.

Any clues of what might be wrong? Thanks.
              Same problem in several mobos, ghetto fix soldering a direct swich. I cant fully understand the root problem
              I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                One of the mobos with this failure, a Biostar one, has no ITE CHIP whatsoever, it doesnt even has little transistors or discrete components (rersistors, caps) in the PSON trace to atx connector. It is quite clear.
                A MISTERY to me (it powers up directly, but not using the pson panel pins, but powers downs using the pson panel pins)
                Any comment?
                I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

you can read here some basic info about SIO and how it works

http://translate.google.com/translat...hoat-dong.html
                  Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Working...
                  X