Samsung UA55ES8000 vertical lines + clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA55ES8000 vertical lines + clicking

This wall mounted TV came to me with owner reporting "blue screen". Its a 2012 model first used 2015. Turned it on and Samsung Smart TV logo came on (it does this every time the TV actually starts). Didn't have a source connected but in a few minutes all screen showed was multi coloured vertical lines. Turned it off and on and one time could just see the verticals although very dim screen (LEDs possibly off). After that just the usual click/click without response.
    Laid it down to get back off and tried turn on, logo probably showed as leds turned on then off but no further response just clicks so pulled main board connector from power board, immediate reaction with leds coming on. So decided to pull and clean all connectors and this resulted in normal turn on with set running TV and also DVD via HDMI for hours over 2 days with normal turn on/off with remote. Thought I had the fix but on 3rd day as I activated channel change the screen turned green for a few minutes then coloured verticals then off with clicking again. Redid connectors today and set started normally so left it running coming back to it 20 mins later to see blank screen and clicking again. Tried restart and it did turn on every now and then itself but with varying verticals.
    Have yet to take any voltages but suspicious of main board at this stage.
    Boards are Main BN94-05570M (BN41-01800B), PWR BN44-00523B, TCON BN95-00582C (BN41-01790C). Just wondering if anyone has experience with this model and symptoms and would welcome comments. Search gives usual results with little in outcomes. Pics won't upload at this time will try later.
    Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-25-2018, 09:54 PM.

Re: Samsung UA55ES8000 vertical lines + clicking

If the vertical bars/lines are on all the screen then try disconnect the tcon when the defect is present then power on again and hear if the tv works and lasts.. this to ensure tcon has problems or not. If it has no changes then locate the linear regulators on mainboard, tcon and if present FRC and see if a warming up of them, one at a time changes the defect, if there's no change can be suspected a main chip detachement on mainboard or tcon but this is not so well explained by a 2 days perfect working. How and where do you have cleaned contacts?

Comment

Pics I hope. Cleaned all connectors on main, power, and feed in/out tcon.
      Attached Files

Comment

i've asked how.. some guides shows something similar to last photo as a tcon defect, for example SONY tcon troubleshooting guide... but only similar..

Comment

Sorry Davi.p in this case used methylated spirit on a small cotton bud stick to get inside connectors. Yes initial thought was tcon but changed to main because logo displays OK at every start and initial going well happened immediately after disconnecting main from power board plus when displaying OK and remote key pressed to change channel immediate problem again. Only three boards really on set with main and power accessible via removable panel in rear and tcon needs outer frame off then metal cover to get at it properly. Will try disconnect tcon to check stability then some hot/cold on IC's.

Comment

Sorry, i have forgot initial logo, my reading is slow, therefore... then leave tcon alone only for now it's much probably a mainboard problem, but tcon in second stage (see especially volt. regulators on it). Voltage reg. both on tcon and main can be stressed with heat and cooling to see if behaviour changes.. since them lasts eventually so few at normal work then you can begin warming them one at a time, switch tv on and see if eventually neither initial logo is displayed..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 12-26-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

This morning turned on power and the following sequence repeated 5/6 times before just clicking - set starts, logo displayed, pic for about 3 seconds, vertical stripes (all varied colouring/patterns) for about 2/3 minutes, set turns off.
              Tried disconnect of tcon , no pic of course also no sound but could tell from clicking much same sequence happening. Turned set around to get at boards and noticed lead from power to main not supported and did look as it was putting some strain on connector on main so taped it up then started set which came on properly and has now been running normally for over half an hour. Not sure this is a fix as I did take sticky pad off main IC and put it back on straight so this would have put a little pressure on its seating as well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-26-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It may have the conmector problem like this series:
                UExxES7000 UExxES8000 intermittently shuts down with lines on the screen.pdf, UNxxES7500-8000 SERIES May 2013 Tech Talk Newsletter.pdf
                Take the pictures of both ends of the connector.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by budm; 12-26-2018, 10:22 PM.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks budm and exactly right I would say. For the record I did my searching using the model and board numbers. I now realise UA, UN, and UE just mean Asia, North America, and Europe. Should have searched for series8. Set going well with normal operation for 2 hours now. The main IC gets very hot so have added a form of heatsink. For info to those in winter climes going to be 45°C in our western area for rest of this week.
                  Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-26-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Have now checked the pins and on power board side the ones idented in the bulletin are black (had to use a mirror to check them in situ) and some discolouration on the cable connection. This cable gets quite warm when set operating. I note the wire connection to power board are a bit thicker for those pins but still a design problem. A successful conclusion thanks to budm but all input appreciated.
                    Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-26-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Any time I see those connectors, I inspect them. They tend to develop contact resistance and thus creates heat and it will get to the point of having intermittent contact. Samsung needs to use better made connectors.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
                        A successful conclusion thanks to budm but all input appreciated.
                        How did you remedy this, solder the wires direct ?

Comment

Actually mmartell the connector mounted on power board is quite firm and only the pin connection to lead wire is problem. This lead wire is a double one and as I noted above was not supported in any way and did look as if it could put strain on connectors when set upright and particularly when being moved - the 2013 service bulletin budm found emphasises support for that lead cable as necessary. In my case as having cleaned connector, supported cable, and firmed up connection the set has performed normally since. Also, keeping the cable against the main chassis may assist as a heat sink. Time will tell of course but any replacement items would most likely suffer same problem so not going down that route at this stage.

Comment

Ahh ok very good.

Comment

Just to update that set is going OK to date, but should problem recur, would do a fix as mmartell suggested.

Comment

Riprendo questa discussione cosi' chi legge ha un quadro piu completo, ho un tv stessa serie stesso difetto cui ho provato il reset eeprom e poi il cambio della nand Flash con una dalla Cina su ebay gia' programmata, senza esito, le questioni sono due secondo me, 1. Dei Cinesi malfattori, che non ce ne sono pochi, hanno scopiazzato su una flash nuova un dump preso da un tv col difetto, magari tentando di raffreddare la memoria mentre leggevano, essa e' nuova in quanto visibilmente mai saldata, 2. essendoci due memorie ROM affiancate, magari una si occupa della fase avvio e altro mentre l'altra, quella nand, e' guasta e non fa partire il tv, magari il chip inviatomi e' difettoso/falso. Cosa dite?

Comment

What's going on, did your translator quit working? this site requires English.

Comment

Sorry, i don't know why i have inserted a post for the italian forum here...

Comment

Working...
                                    X