Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA RLED4010A Reverse video question

Hi,
    TV wouldn't power on. Power LED would go from red to blue but no video/sound. Info. found in this forum pointed to a defective Main Board T.RSC8 12305.
    Original board with LTA400HM24 firmware chip on it couldn't be found. Purchased a T.RSC8 12305 with a different firmware. Ended up with low LED brightness and a reverse video (picture is upside down). Did switched the U16 eeprom chip and got brightness and video back to normal.
    After a few weeks of testing, the problem came back. Went back to the original board with eeprom from the purchase one. Has been three weeks +++ and still going strong. At this point, I suspect that the original eeprom is the problem.
    I did correct the brighness problem with a resistor divider at ADJ on the LED board, needed 1.3V, "new" eeprom would only give .9v which resulted in low brightness.
    Video is still upside down. Got the pinout for LCD connector from main board to LCD panel but have no idea how to rewire for correct video. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Here's the diagram.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: RCA RLED4010A Reverse video question

Is there a Service Menu for this tv ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
      Is there a Service Menu for this tv ?
      Yes, menu 1147, did checked in there but no option to reverse the video.
      Thanks.

Comment

I think there are only a few people with that kind of familiarity and tom66 is one of them. Perhaps he will chime in here.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
          I think there are only a few people with that kind of familiarity and tom66 is one of them. Perhaps he will chime in here.
          Thanks again, I'll wait a few days and maybe send him a PM if he doesn't post here.

Comment

the easiest way to resolve is to get into service menu mode of tv, not the normal user menu. in service menu it shd have an option "mirror". change it to flip it. or next u can do is the hardware. check out the brand of the panel, and google the pinout (your pinout above is connector side), i believe pin6 is used to flip the image. yours is 51pin standard lvds signals hopefully. all else failed, u can simply flip the whole tv around and wall mount it.

Comment

Originally posted by spintop View Post
              the easiest way to resolve is to get into service menu mode of tv, not the normal user menu. in service menu it shd have an option "mirror". change it to flip it. or next u can do is the hardware. check out the brand of the panel, and google the pinout (your pinout above is connector side), i believe pin6 is used to flip the image. yours is 51pin standard lvds signals hopefully. all else failed, u can simply flip the whole tv around and wall mount it.
              I was in the service menu, no mirror option in there. Not familiar with LVDS signal. I'll check pin 6 to see if it is ground or NC and do the reverse. Pin 45 is LVDS option, not sure what the option is !!!. Google wasn't any help in finding a way to reverse the video, only found the diagram that I've included in the thread. TV belongs to a friend and he was using the stand, no wall mount. I did suggested to mount it upside down, RCA logo will be reverse but it will make a great piece of conversation

Comment

you didnt get my message.
                i was saying - check out the brand of the panel, from the panel label. and google the panel model for pinout. i would do that first before doing any soldering on the board. u could make the problem worst if pin6 has different function eg if its a power line or gnd.
                good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by spintop View Post
                  you didnt get my message.
                  i was saying - check out the brand of the panel, from the panel label. and google the panel model for pinout. i would do that first before doing any soldering on the board. u could make the problem worst if pin6 has different function eg if its a power line or gnd.
                  good luck !
                  I've googled just about everything from the TV, model #, board #, LED panel #. firmware, etc. you name it, I've googled it.
                  Did checked pin 6 of the LED panel connector, open or grounded, it doesn't change anything.

Comment

Have you looked to see if you can buy an EEPROM with the correct firmware?

Or have you tried recovering the old one and writing the data to a new one? Maybe if you read the chip slowly multiple times and compare dumps, you can come up with a working image.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                      Have you looked to see if you can buy an EEPROM with the correct firmware?

Or have you tried recovering the old one and writing the data to a new one? Maybe if you read the chip slowly multiple times and compare dumps, you can come up with a working image.
                      I've looked just about everywhere to find a board with the same firmware number. Two numbers need to be the same, in my case, a LTA#### that correspond to the LED panel number (Samsung) and a A##### number that correspond, I think, to the firmware. Shopjimmy.com has hundreds of those eeprom listed but only one has the correct LTA## number but a different A## number.
                      This is Canadian TV that was sold by Canadian Tire. Similar models were sold in the States under the name of Sceptre and Westinghouse. None of these model used the same firmware numbers although the main board has the same model, T.RSC8 12305. I guess that they must have a different LED panel.
                      The eeprom is a 8 pin chip, I, definitely, don't have the equipment or the knowledge on how to copy the chip.

Comment

Working...
                      X