Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TC-P50S2 Lightning Dead

Originally posted by hrpuffnstuff View Post
    love the conversation and advice!!! i'm looking for the link right now for the $150 board...by the way that first moduslinkspts link that you cited takes me to a sufix AC board...mine is a sufix AB board...my guess is that it makes a difference
    can we get a picture of the A board. owned this from new? AB revision is looking like a 46" board. this is a 50S2, yes?

Comment

Thanks, Man. I guess your username caught me. Brought back some fond memories. Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck....

Comment

Thanks again...yes, I have owned since new and never had a problem...the pics should show the pertinent info...night time here so I apologize that I had to use flash instead of natural lighting
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again...yes, I have owned since new and never had a problem...the pics should show the pertinent info...night time here so I apologize that I had to use flash instead of natural lighting
          yes it does show pertinent info. rev of your board is AC

Comment

yep...i just watched the shop jimmy video of how to find suffix revisions...i assumed the "AB" located near the "SUFFIX" letters meant it was an "AB" version...but it looks like the jumber locations under the suffix letters determine the version...seems to me this is great news! thanks again TW

Comment

yep...i just watched the shop jimmy video of how to find suffix revisions...i assumed the "AB" located near the "SUFFIX" letters meant it was an "AB" version...but it looks like the jumber locations under the suffix letters determine the version...seems to me this is great news! thanks again TW
              i guess it is because modus charge $180 for rev AB. Also means you won't pay $150 for the incorrect board

Comment

absolutely...thanks for all your help!

Comment

I too had a power surge jack my tv up.
                  I replaced the power board and media board (had no power) and now have a crappy picture. I then replaced the sustain and buffer boards but now have no picture (may need to return the sustain and buffer boards).
                  Should I try replacing thr sustain and buffer boards again or is my tv toast?

Comment

Originally posted by nicktorna View Post
                    I too had a power surge jack my tv up.
                    I replaced the power board and media board (had no power) and now have a crappy picture. I then replaced the sustain and buffer boards but now have no picture (may need to return the sustain and buffer boards).
                    Should I try replacing thr sustain and buffer boards again or is my tv toast?
                    It would be in good taste to start your own thread instead of hijacking one. It leads to too much confusion for those trying to help the OP.
                    When you start the thread, include make, model, problem and any pertinent information as to how and when it died, and pictures of the back of the set with cover off and any boards you can show us. Then, the forum can help you out. Hope this helps and you find success in all your repairs.

Comment

I just wanted to close the circle on my thread and provide an update. I sent my A-board to Moduslink PTS last week. They repaired the board, and it was delivered to my house today. I just finished installing and everything works with the same beautiful picture! Is a slight hum coming from the P board and SC board normal when viewing a bright picture? I have never had the tv apart before, so I never was close enough to notice this slight hum and wouldn't know if it were normal before the lightning strike. Also, part of the troubleshooting process involved a standby light. I learned today after putting everything back together and turning the tv on and then off that there is no standby light. What I thought was the standby light looks to be the remote control receiver window next to the power light. So again, thanks to all who helped!

Comment

I just wanted to close the circle on my thread and provide an update. I sent my A-board to Moduslink PTS last week. They repaired the board, and it was delivered to my house today. I just finished installing and everything works with the same beautiful picture! Is a slight hum coming from the P board and SC board normal when viewing a bright picture? I have never had the tv apart before, so I never was close enough to notice this slight hum and wouldn't know if it were normal before the lightning strike. Also, part of the troubleshooting process involved a standby light. I learned today after putting everything back together and turning the tv on and then off that there is no standby light. What I thought was the standby light looks to be the remote control receiver window next to the power light. So again, thanks to all who helped!
                        yes, normal. faint buzz on a SC at high brightness and would expect some hum from the P.
                        It's funny when you get up close and work on these once they've failed how paranoid you can get with buzzes. like you say , you just watch the damn thing, who gets up close and listens to the boards.

Comment

Very good, my Friend!!! Thanks for the feedback...

Comment

Working...
                          X