• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi this is my first time

Comment

Hi all,

I guess I would consider myself a hobbyist in this area. I wanted to learn electronics so I could repair electronically devices without disposing on them. Nothing rubs me the wrong way than dropping a lot of money on devices that break within 5 years. (I know, probably not realistic, but I have to have a goal) I joined this board so I could hopefully work with people who are knowledgeable to help when I get stuck.

Cheers!

Comment

Found this site in my search for help to repair a nonfunctioning tv set. Hope to tap the knowledge of the genius members here.

Comment

Re: New Members -mtman1

Hi my name is Terry would like to thank you all for your post i'm here to learn
          all i can before i get to old and fall apart..... https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...on_twisted.gif

Comment

Hi there my name is Rod and I too was a Senior Field Service Engineer.

I traveled the world servicing VLSI IC Chip Testers for Hughes Aircraft and many
            other civilian and military company's.

I serviced IC Chip Testers, in circuit Testers, Robotics, PCs and was involved in many other high tech fields and still do to keep life interesting.

This seems to be a very helpful and interesting site to be associated with not to mention
            all the helpful information available that's in my field of interest.

I'm now training myself to repair my LG 60PA5600 Plasma flat screen TV.

I've found the top buffer board to be causing my voltage and no picture problem.

Board Information:
            Top buffer board – EBR73710601 – YBRVTP
            Bottom buffer board - EBR73731801 – YDRVBT, voltage reading look good here.

The voltages all were way out until I pulled the upper buffer board out of the circuit.

I now get some activity on the bottom part of the screen.

Does anyone know a procedure for troubleshooting these buffer boards?
            I would appreciate the information.

Once again I am happy to be a part of this Forum and Information site.

Regards, Rod

Comment

Hello,
              My garage is filling up with broken hardware and instead of donating it to the next ewaste event in town I figured I would go online and see what I could find in the way of pictures, video and posts in order to fix some of it. Thanks everyone for all the help as I'll be spending some time on here reading posts as well as posting some of my own.
              Be well,
              theaward11

Comment

hello sharp aquos lc-60835u losing colo half right side of the screen help !!! thanks

Comment

Hi guys, I joined up for some advice repairing a bad cap on a 32" lcd power supply board, but found a burned trace also. Got a new board coming. 60 bucks, we'll see what happens when I power the new one up.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of info here. Great site you guys run.

Comment

Hi!

I'm bruno and I live Funchal, Madeira Island in Portugal. I came across with this forum several times, since I try to repair LCD and plasma TV electroni board down to component level. It's hard but I think it is a good training since I work as maintenance engineer in a printing company.

Comment

Hi, I'm Simon, I am good at repairing laptops/pc's. I have had ago at everything though from ovens to tv's to amps etc. There is always info on the web/youtube. I have recently bought a hot air rework station. I would like to get into microsoldering etc. I have not long started doing smartphone repairs and loca repairs of the screens. Computers are my forte though.

Comment

Hello! My Name is Phil and I live in Montreal, Quebec in Canada. I am new to this forum and I have stumbled across it via another site where they mentioned this was a very great source of technical information.

A bit about myself:

I work in IT, for an outsourcing company, CSC. I work specifically with our Content Management group supporting SharePoint.

Regards!

Comment

Hello. I'm Raul Velez from San Francisco. I am a broadcast Engineer and am always looking at keeping legacy gear operational.

Comment

Hi, I'm Seth from Pennsylvania. I'm looking to gather information to possibly fix my flatscreen tv.

Comment

Names Eddie from Scotland - needing some assistance diagnosing a samsung plasma

Comment

Hi name is Forrest Oconomowoc Wi .

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's hinot get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                Hi name is Forrest stumbled on the site looking to cure Panasonic tc50pu54 found a lot of good info. Started out as a ham in the 50's then on to tv radio & VCR sales & service for over 40 years. retired 13 years collected a lot
                                Of old tv's & radios been repairing those can't get away from it. If any one has problems with equipment from 1920's to 2000 I am willing to try and help

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi name is Forrest Oconomowoc Wi .

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's hinot get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    Hi name is Forrest stumbled on the site looking to cure Panasonic tc50pu54 found a lot of good info. Started out as a ham in the 50's then on to tv radio & VCR sales & service for over 40 years. retired 13 years collected a lot
                                    Of old tv's & radios been repairing those can't get away from it. If any one has problems with equipment from 1920's to 2000 I am willing to try and help

Comment

Just here to learn more about all manner of electronic repairs.

Comment

Hi, Just joined to ask a question about getting a driver update for a sharp TV

Comment

Hello everyone. I was directed to this board by Google after looking for a fix for an LCD TV that was given to me. I'm the son of a EE and am an engineer by birth. Currently working as a software developer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X