X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook A1502 820-3536-05 Only Works on Bench PSU

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster!

I've got a Macbook logic board 820-3536-05 that I'm trying to repair, I believe it had a knock off charger connected. When I opened it up the DC in fuse on the logic board (F7005) had been blown and a unknown SOT323 type package was fried on the DC in board (photo attached).

I have replaced F7005 and the DC-in board (820-2584-A).

If I power the laptop using a salvaged magsafe connected attached to a bench PSU everything works great, the laptop is fully functional. LED goes green then amber as it should and the laptops takes a charge.

However it will not take power from an official Apple charger. I see the 3V for 1 second which is supposed to activate the charger, followed by a momentary 16-17V but then the charger cuts out almost immediately (photo attached).

Has anyone any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Macbook A1502 820-3536-05 Only Works on Bench PSU

Tried another 60W/85W Magsafe2? If yes, it'll usually be a defective Q7180.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

That's great advice!

I have removed Q7180 and can confirm that the source/drain on Q2 is shorted.

I've got replacements on order, unfortunately not from the UK so might be a little while before I get an answer, but as soon as I do I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks again!

Comment

Great news!

I replaced Q7180 as instructed and everything is working great, many many thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X