Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch component identification

Hello

Could anyone identify the component in the attached image, i believe it to be a dual P-channel mosfet in a udfn package 2.0 x 2.0 the marking on the device is J03

I've searched alot of manufacturers without success.

Thanks Pintglass
    Attached Files

Re: Nintendo Switch component identification

Seems to be a ROHM UT6J3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 07-26-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Seems to be a ROHM UT6J3
      Thanks for that i had been searching for ages for 6 pin mosfets not thinking about the pads underneath.

As you probably guessed I'm trying to repair a nintendo switch.

I've attached a pdf of the circuit that the switch uses to charge the battery & to provide power when the battery is dead.
      At the moment the battery is dead only reading 2.7V but on inserting power via the usb cable the system won't boot and the battery will not charge.
      The BM92 power delivery controller has been changed but im seeing the same issue.

I have numbered the mosfets on the pdf from 1-4
      Mosfets 1 & 2 are SSM6K504NU single channel n type

Mosfet 3 is a dual channel n type AON2812

Mosfet 4 is the one that i had been searching for which is a dual p type UT6J3

Mosfets 1,2,3 are controlled from the BM92 using an internal charge pump

Mosfet 4 i believe is part of a buck boost converter circuit to provide 5V to the system if the input voltage from usb C is above system voltage.
      At the moment when i connect the device to power via usb I'm getting the correct voltage coming in to mosfet 1 but on the drain of mosfet 2 im getting a fluctuating voltage with a peak of 1.8v should this not be higher I'm also getting the same fluctuating voltage on the gate of mosfet 1 should that not be higher than Vbus to turn the mosfet on?

If anyone can tell me roughly what the mosfets should be doing i would be very grateful

Attached Files
      Last edited by pintglass; 07-27-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I thought it was a long shot that anyone would be able to help with figuring this out.
        I'm about 80% there now, but again I'm struggling to find a datasheet for the component in the attached image.

The component is as far as i can tell a buck controller in a bga package, pretty certain its 20 pin, size is approx 2.3 x 1.8 and it has the markings EN6L on it.

Thanks Pintglass
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey PintGlass.

Did you solve this in the end? I've got a couple of switches exhibiting the same issue. I've been focusing on the ALERT/GPIO pin which appears to be signalling a failure condition. Might be a common issue if you're still working on your Switch repair?

Comment

Not sure about Nintendo switches but some devices wont boot without a battery or with an empty battery. So try charging the battery to 3.7-4.2V using a power supply.

Comment

maybe join this facebook group too as they have some very good information regarding switch repairs https://www.facebook.com/groups/ps4r...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Working...
              X