Korg - Microkorg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korg - Microkorg

Enclosed are a couple pictures. We plugged the wrong-polarity power supply (I think) into the keyboard, instantly heard a pop, smelled electronic burn, and the keyboard is now dead. I took it apart and found the blown item. I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone identify this, and let me know if it's worth saving?
    The picture of the blown link or whatever it is shows the legend "C38", and the thing is directly to the left of that. It appears to have popped open, or blown in half, like a fusible link, though I don't think that's what it is. On the opposite side of the board, directly "underneath" the blown device, as shown in the second picture, is a circular item with the number "220" on it. I assume these circuits have something to do with the power supply.
    Attached Files

Re: Korg - Microkorg

That would be C31 capacitor, 100µf 10v. the 220 is a coil L37 (22µH), it will check as a short, IC5 F1 & FU1 may be damaged

FU1 Surface mount fuse CCP2E20 184090000
    IC5 IC-S-8520F33MC-BNS-T2(TS) 324023008
    F1 FET CPH6302 304060250

The wrong polarity power supply should not have damged it as it has a reverse polarity protection diode (D3), unless D3 was/is shorted
    Last edited by R_J; 06-08-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Re: Korg - Microkorg

R_J,
      Thanks for the quick and detailed response! I thought we did use the correct polarity power supply--the nine-volt center-negative is pretty much the only type lying around. I should be able to bring just the board in to be repaired then, without putting it back together? Can those things be replaced?

Comment

Working...
      X