Beatspill loudspeakers sytem not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatspill loudspeakers sytem not charging

Trying to troubleshoot this system. Batteries aren't charging -no charge light indicator on when plugged into usb.
    Usb is 5v but when connected .6v across + & - at Beatspill end.
    I removed the micro usb socket as I thouught this was faulty- hared wired connections by following the traces. Theres only 4 out of the 6 pins being used.

Could be the batteries are dead and pulling down the voltage but I don't know enough to know for sure. How do I rule out batteries without buying a new pair?
    Attached Files

Re: Beatspill loudspeakers sytem not charging

Have you considered measuring the battery voltage, for example?
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

This is one of those battery controller that is part of the main controller board I personally do not like this style but

This all depends on what the battery voltage is this is the problem not know what the battery voltage is suppose to be because the amount of wires that look like they are going to the battery it looks like it has more than one cell

If I was troubleshooting this item I would recommend the following unplug the battery pack and test the unit with out it and see if you get 5 volts on the positive and negative battery terminals on the main controller board if so then you have type of battery problem now if you do not get any voltage at all then you have some type of problem with the battery protection portion of this circuit might not be easy to repair if this is the case unless you isolate the part of the circuit and do away with it and use another battery protection controller board

But keep in mind that some battery protection circuit are very picky and you can not test them that way
      If your battery voltage is above 3.00 volts there is a good chance that the battery protection circuit is fried

Please take a picture of the battery so I can read of what is on the label
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-20-2020, 07:57 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Duuuude, punctuation

But going by the "77Whr 1050mAh" markings visible in the second photo, i'd say it's safe to assume it's a two-cells-in-series arrangement. I'd reckon the first and last wires (red and black) might be the +/- of the battery pack.

"see if you get 5 volts on the positive and negative battery terminals" - why and how? 5v is worryingly high for a single cell, and definitely too low for 2S.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Working...
        X