Green vertical line on right side of Dell IN1910N flat panel monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green vertical line on right side of Dell IN1910N flat panel monitor

I am getting a green vertical line on right side of Dell IN1910N flat panel monitor. It started suddenly a few days ago when I was using the computer now it just does not seem to go away. The line is there on the booth screen and continues to be there on Windows. The line is also there when the screen is not receiving a VGA signal. Is there any way I can get rid of this green line.

Re: Green vertical line on right side of Dell IN1910N flat panel monitor

Sounds like a tab bond issue. There is no proper fix without access to expensive equipment, but people on here have had varying degrees of success using various materials to apply pressure to the tab to keep it in contact with the screen.

Comment

Can you please tell me what are these various materials used to apply pressure to the tab to keep it in contact with the screen and how am I supposed to do it in the house.
      Last edited by Captain Bill grace digger; 07-11-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I believe thermal pads the kind used as heatsink material on laptops is used. That's what I've seen metioned in the threads on here. Folded over to apply pressure between the screen and the tab and the frame.

Comment

Instead can this video on YouTube be the solution to my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsu3nGQKIc
          Last edited by Captain Bill grace digger; 07-12-2015, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Doesn't look like your description. How about you post a pic of your screen ?

Comment

I did not know the difference between a LED TV and an LCD monitor until now when I saw the YouTube video on dismantling an LCD monitor.

So where am I supposed to attach the thermal pad inside an LCD monitor. The whole thing is like a window in which every thing is attached. The front black panel with a thin strip of circuit board behind which are very thin plastic sheet tubes and a fat transparent sheet of plastic with diamond print again attached to a thin white sheet of plastic. There are four light tubes attached horizontally inside this window with all this. Where is the thermal pad supposed to fit in this

Comment

A photo would help.

Comment

I will just post an image whiten an hour or two.

Comment

I will only be able to post an image tomorrow.

Comment

Here are the images please have a look.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that does look like a tab issue. it depends on the design as to whether you can do anything about it but i'm suspecting not.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

If I purchase a three to four inch bigger LCD monitor with a little higher resolution will it put more load on the SMPSU.
                            Last edited by Captain Bill grace digger; 07-15-2015, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bill grace digger View Post
                              If I purchase a three to four inch bigger LCD monitor with a little higher resolution will it put more load on the SMPSU.
                              Which PSU? The PSU in the monitor? No.. a monitor should come with a PSU that is correct for it. Or do you mean the Computer PSU? Because that has nothing to do with the resolution... your graphics card and the amount of memory it has is what determines how high the resolution is that you can run your monitor at.
                              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                              -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                              X