Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo V15-IKB bios DUMP ( gs44b gs54b C561) request

I received a Lenvoo V15-IKB (intel i3)
    with motherboard gs44b/gs54b/MN-S561 REV 1.0 (2019-05-30)
    the laptop stopped working after an ufficial BIOS upgarde (suggested by lenovo)

i tried using bios dumps for this motherboard found on the forum (theay are from the ideapad S145) but i think that the V15 is different from the S145 (different hardware implementation?)

the original bios from lenovo is here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/cscn17ww.exe

and as attachment i can provide the dumped one from the machine (that i think is corrupted because there is nor the Windows 10 serial on it)

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo V15-IKB bios DUMP ( gs44b gs54b C561) request

post the laptop serial number.Are you sure of the model number "V15-IKB"
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Bartoloni View Post
      I received a Lenvoo V15-IKB (intel i3)
      with motherboard gs44b/gs54b/MN-S561 REV 1.0 (2019-05-30)
      the laptop stopped working after an ufficial BIOS upgarde (suggested by lenovo)

i tried using bios dumps for this motherboard found on the forum (theay are from the ideapad S145) but i think that the V15 is different from the S145 (different hardware implementation?)

the original bios from lenovo is here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/cscn17ww.exe

and as attachment i can provide the dumped one from the machine (that i think is corrupted because there is nor the Windows 10 serial on it)

Thank you in advance.
      bios extracted from the Lenovo site update
      DMI 234000 - 235FFF
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

i will try today, thank you and advance peste

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          bios extracted from the Lenovo site update
          DMI 234000 - 235FFF
          OMG.. works! you are a genius (again) you saved me a lot of times!!!
          no idea on how works DMI... i need to study a bit

Comment

use the HxD program ... enter in it the bios from [item # 1 and 3 ... check the interval posted in both bios and after .. copy paste ... that's all ..
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

use the HxD program ... enter in it the bios from [item # 1 and 3 ... check the interval posted in both bios and after .. copy paste ... that's all ..
              >
              Attached Files
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

DMI 234000 - 235FFF
                check the interval posted in both bios and after
                OK, but from where these addresses comeout? with uefitool there is nothing related to DMI that can spot the exacly section to overwrite...

Comment

OK, but from where these addresses comeout? with uefitool there is nothing related to DMI that can spot the exacly section to overwrite...
                  I wrote you to use the HxD program ... Vesko356 took a picture of what you have to do with this program ... and you !!! ... use another program and wonder why it doesn't work .. ..

Comment

Hi Peste, i have HxD (and the laptop is working without any issue now) ...i want just to understand from where these adresses ( 234000 and 235FFF ) come from... where did you find these locations? using a tool? a scheme? looking at original bios? looking at dumped bios? (it's a some sort of Lenovo eeproms standard?) Dmidecode ?

sorry, maybe boring you and others with stupid questions but if possibile i want to learn
                    Last edited by Bartoloni; 06-21-2022, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Peste, i have HxD (and the laptop is working without any issue now) ...i want just to understand from where these adresses ( 234000 and 235FFF ) come from... where did you find these locations? using a tool? a scheme? looking at original bios? looking at dumped bios? (it's a some sort of Lenovo eeproms standard?) Dmidecode ?

sorry, maybe boring you and others with stupid questions but if possibile i want to learn
                      Search for the word LENV .You can also compare a virgin bios with a dumped bios
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-21-2022, 08:43 AM.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Search for the word LENV .You can also compare a virgin bios with a dumped bios
                        thank you SMDFlea i very appreciate this

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          compare a virgin bios with a dumped bios
                          Sorry borgin you .. "a virgin bios" do you mean the one extracted from Lenovo ufficial installer?

because they are different in size (the dumped one is smaller) and the LENV is placed at another address (362a10)

Comment

Sorry borgin you .. "a virgin bios" do you mean the one extracted from Lenovo ufficial installer?

because they are different in size (the dumped one is smaller) and the LENV is placed at another address (362a10)
                            The official installer needs extracting and the virgin bios has to be copied from it, for example - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98038

Comment

Very thank you! This helped me a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X