Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Laptops, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #1
marcelofct
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
City & State: santiago
My Country: chile
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 76
Default help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Hi ! , I hope you are well I need help with the following motherboard ba41-01649a is a samsung rv415 I attach the schematic, the problem is that no usb port works, check voltages, enable, the IC TPS2062ADRBR works well but apparently the data signals do not work since I have mouse light but not working,

Please help me to fix this problem, I read ideas
marcelofct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #2
mon2
Badcaps Veteran
 
mon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
City & State: Windsor, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 110VAC
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4,156
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

According to the shared schematic, the USB connector has NO ESD protection devices; NO EMI filter and the data lines enter the USB controller (U516) directly.

It should not come as a surprise that a simple ESD transient can nuke the USB host. Unbelievable that Samsung can put out such a design for the public. ESD protection devices are 3-5 cents (USD) in low volumes.

There a bunch of USB based products on this logic board - see page 16/54 - U516 HUDSON - right side - such as USB camera; card reader, etc. - do they work in this computer?

Check the Vbus voltage on each USB connector to confirm they are close to +5v.

Check the voltage rails on each coil on the logic board - perhaps some other issue is causing this fault.

Otherwise, could be a damaged USB controller (U516).
Attached Images
File Type: png samsung_no_ESD.png (57.3 KB, 7 views)
mon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
mcplslg123
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
City & State: siliguri
My Country: india
Line Voltage: 220vac,60hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 4,541
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

It could be bios issue as well. Yesterday i had a samsung LA-8861P with no usb port working and was fixed by bios flash. Mine was AMD though.
mcplslg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
marcelofct
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
City & State: santiago
My Country: chile
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 76
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcplslg123 View Post
It could be bios issue as well. Yesterday i had a samsung LA-8861P with no usb port working and was fixed by bios flash. Mine was AMD though.
yesterday I did a bios flash but nothing happened, it's still the same
marcelofct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #5
marcelofct
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
City & State: santiago
My Country: chile
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 76
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2 View Post
According to the shared schematic, the USB connector has NO ESD protection devices; NO EMI filter and the data lines enter the USB controller (U516) directly.

It should not come as a surprise that a simple ESD transient can nuke the USB host. Unbelievable that Samsung can put out such a design for the public. ESD protection devices are 3-5 cents (USD) in low volumes.

There a bunch of USB based products on this logic board - see page 16/54 - U516 HUDSON - right side - such as USB camera; card reader, etc. - do they work in this computer?

Check the Vbus voltage on each USB connector to confirm they are close to +5v.

Check the voltage rails on each coil on the logic board - perhaps some other issue is causing this fault.

Otherwise, could be a damaged USB controller (U516).
I'm going to review and let you know
marcelofct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
marcelofct
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
City & State: santiago
My Country: chile
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 76
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

I update the info, the webcam does not work, I do not have how to test the SD reader I assume that it does not work either, the voltages in the coils are ok, vbus voltages in the usb port vbus 5v stable I assume that the PCH is with problems
attached image of task manager
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1202 (1).jpg (1.48 MB, 5 views)
marcelofct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
Tom_avia
New Member
 
Tom_avia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
City & State: Vilnius
My Country: Lithuania
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 18
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Web cam is connected to the same USB port. If USB doesn't work, likely it is PCH.. replacement is required.

Did you try BIOS dumb with clean ME?
Tom_avia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:23 AM   #8
marcelofct
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
City & State: santiago
My Country: chile
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 76
Default Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_avia View Post
Web cam is connected to the same USB port. If USB doesn't work, likely it is PCH.. replacement is required.

Did you try BIOS dumb with clean ME?
Thanks for your answer, I have not tried with a clear ME, I will try but if it is the pch I don't have much to do
marcelofct is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums 2003 - 2022
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.
Did you find this forum helpful?