Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55MU6400 not switching on boot cycling

Hi all

When I first switched it on it was in this bootloop, then I held the remote power button which forced it to reboot and it worked for about 10 minutes connected to WiFi and was playing a 4k video.

Then shuts down and won't start just keeps cycling just like before.

See the video: https://streamable.com/6s535o

Re: Samsung UE55MU6400 not switching on boot cycling

The model number for the power supply board is BN44-00876D and for the main board its BN41-02568A. I've disconnected the main board and when I switch it on the back light comes on.

Can I use a any BN41-02568 board? I've seen some on ebay and they are only 20 quid and seems like it may fix my issue? They are for 40 inch tvs but mine is 55
    Last edited by rash.m2k; 09-20-2020, 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Is anyone able to at least tell me if the I need the same board? As I can get the board for a UE40MU6120K - would it be possible to flash it with different firmware?

Comment

Ok all - I have managed to kind of fix this, the issue was indeed the mainboard. I have bought a mainboard for UE49MU6500, and change the settings in the secret menu so that it now reads as UE55MU6500 for my 55 inch - BUT the picture is all messed up? Any way to fix this????
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rash.m2k; 09-21-2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment

No one????

Comment

Possibly another setting in the secret menu ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              Possibly another setting in the secret menu ?
              Been playing around with them for days not found anything that seems to fix it. I have selected the correct panel which matches the code on the tv still no luck

Comment

Try swapping out from your old board to the new board IC801. I have a feeling the panel settings might be on that chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
                  Try swapping out from your old board to the new board IC801. I have a feeling the panel settings might be on that chip.
                  Well I've bought a new board with exact same model, but this also is faulty however it lasts longer before getting into the cycle loop, the old board lasted about 10 mins before boot cycling this new board has lasted a whole day

Comment

Ok this is driving me nuts now. I have changed the power board, because it was only £6 and worth a punt - but still has the original mainboard in, the replacement did not fix the issue.

However the TV now works for a few days perfectly fine, then last night I switched it on after being in standby the whole day and within 10 mins the loop started it again.

So I left it off for a few minutes thinking some component had heated up, so pointed a fan at the back to cool it down to no avail.

So I kept switching it off at the socket and leaving it for a short while before starting it up again - eventually after many many tries - about an hour, it finally turned on. And now once again there is no issue with it, goes into standby fine, switches on fine and everything works! The picture and all features work perfectly fine!

Anyone have any ideas around this?
                    Last edited by rash.m2k; 10-01-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Relax you, you can't fight against theese poor tvs, 98% your panel is faulty in intermittent way, same usual gate drivers, it's a very buggy technology.. bye bye..

PS: When you will buy a new tv better contact a technician and ask him to change the protection elements on the tcon board with non smd types, an adding a varistor, if the tcon is integrated to mainboard it's hard to do this.
                      Last edited by Davi.p; 10-01-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Did you try a factory reset and a firmware update?
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-04-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          Did you try a factory reset and a firmware update?
                          yes, reset it using the service menu. Same thing, it's been working fine for the past couple of days. Been on standby for a few nights no issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X