Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un58j5190 part identification

Hi,
    I have a Samsung UN58J5190 that I need help identifying a couple of MOSFETS on.
    Their location on the power supply board (BN4400787) is QM801CS and QM802CS.
    The parts on my board are to burnt to get the parts numbers from and I'm unable to find a schematic for the set.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    TIA

Re: Samsung un58j5190 part identification

A repair kit suggests the following so I would also check those components in the list against the ones on your board

Ohm Supplies
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

If you do a search on the Forum the following comes up

Please i need help. I have the QM801CS and QM802CS transistors/mofset who is burn on this power supply (BN44-00787A) so i can't read what is write on it. Can you help me by giving me the references of these transistors?

14nm50n mosfets are QM801/802
      Reading the other threads it appears that the set is subject to major backlight failure and backlight Mosfet failure so if you get it up and running then reduce the backlight level to save the leds from burning out
      Last edited by dick_barton; 04-03-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks
        I did read that post regarding that part number.
        Samsung uses that same location part number in many different series sets.( I think that part number is from a different Samsung TV.

I researched the MOSFET 14NM50N and it appears to be physically larger than the ones in my tv. The 14nm50n is like 10mm x9.5mm. The MOSFET in my board bn44-00787 takes a MOSFET of around 6mm.

Thank You

Comment

Is your board BN44-00787 or does it have a letter after the numerals ie 00787A

The mosfet could be 50R380
          https://galaparts.com/products/50r38...or-bn44-00787a
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dick_barton; 04-03-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks again!
            My power supply board is BN44000787A.
            Dimensionally the 50R380 is the correct size 60mm x 65mm. My board uses this Mofset in location QS101C. (50R380)

Could this MOSFET also be used in locations QM801/802?
            I too was thinking that the 14nm50n ,but it’s just not a dimensional fit.
            I’m stuck on this one without a parts list or schematic.

Thanks so much for the help!
            Much appreciated

Comment

The maximum Volts, Amps and the On Resistance are a close match
              Last edited by dick_barton; 04-03-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

This model is very similar to UN58H5202 (search for this model in the forum) which has a common failure of bad backlights causing surface mount Q9101 to short (possibly QS101C on your board). If the TV is dead, check if that FET is shorted. You will then need to replace all the LED strips after replacing the FET.
                Last edited by neilc6; 04-03-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                  Thanks for responding.
                  I have replaced the backlights but, need assistance in identifying MOSFETS Qm801/802CS
                  The MOSFETS were damaged so severely that I’m unable to identify the markings on the outside of the components.
                  The locations are used in other Samsung TVs so it’s difficult in cross the parts over to any other Samsung TVs.
                  My power supply board is Samsung part number is BN4400787A with locations QM801CS and QM802CS.
                  What I’m looking for is the correct part number for these two parts. I only know is they are MOSFETS and are around 6mm square in dimension.

Thanks Again for responding

Comment

Working...
                  X