Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDS lcd with bad caps

greetings all!

i'm new here and a bit new to the concept of cap replacement...but i'm willing and able to learn!

i have a 17" KDS lcd with a strange problem. when powered on, the display is fine for about 20 seconds or so but then goes black (power light stays green). if i power it off and then on again, the display returns, but for a shorter period of time. seems like the duration of a good picture gets shorter the longer the monitor is on to the point where it'll last about a second.

so i cracked it open and discovered 7 bulging caps. six are 470uf 25v and one is 220uf 25v. i'm not afraid to attempt replacement, but i don't know where to get new ones. this site doesn't seem to have em in the 25v rating.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!!

Re: KDS lcd with bad caps

Where are you located? The caps can be found here if you contact Topcat, or if you are in the states you can look at www.mouser.com or www.digikey.com.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

i'm in the states. i sent a note to topcat (waiting for reply).

meanwhile, i found a couple sites that have what i'm looking for, thanks for the suggestion. i found some nichicon's for .48 cents each. any thoughts on which brands are good and which i should avoid?

thanks!

Comment

nevermind, i found the thread describing the good and bad manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
        X