identifying film capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identifying film capacitors

I am trying to identify film capacitor manufacturers and which series are those blue and brown epoxy dipped capacitors.

I am aware there are polyester, polypropylene and polyphenylene sulfide dielectric materials, which they have different voltage coefficient, disspiation factor and moisture resistance, so i really wish to work out what film capacitor are they in the picture.

Thanks in advance.

Re: identifying film capacitors

it's easy to identify electros but a real challange to know what film caps are they

Comment

Hi, from which amp/AV amp are these components? Yamaha?

Comment

The brown ones look like the Panasonic polyester capacitors I saw when I was at a previous employer. The values appear to be .022uF ("223") and 1uF ("105").

The blue ones are 100pF and 150pF, so I'm going to guess they are CGO monolythic ceramic.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Both film capacitors are from Japan and with no logo hard to identify.

Panasonic ECQ family is what the brown film caps look like.

The blue capacitor may be Taitsu Japan LP series audio capacitor with esoteric mixed polypropylene and polyester dielectric.

Some high end audio gear has film capacitors chosen for their sound.

The brown Panasonic ECQ polyester series sound mushy and I've tried polypropylene Panasonic as well, but not impressed.

It's a combination of dielectric and the lead inductance that matter.

Comment

OP's capacitors are used in Yamaha A-S301/A-S501/A-S701/A-S801 Integrated Amplifiers.

Comment

What are the types of capacitors used in printed circuit of laptop ????

Comment

Working...
              X