This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am going back to the early days of copier repair and although they most certainly practice swap-tronics, we have had our share of component level troubleshooting as needed. Computers are my hobby and I have needed to replace caps only a couple more times. Currently we have seen refurbished systems with bad caps and we are in a position to see the need to get it right prior to shipping these to the end users otherwise how could they even be determined to be a proper refurbishment? It makes no sense!

Comment

hi,

My name is Mike and I'm looking forward to learning from all you smart people. I have a few years of experience with board level repairs but I am in no an expert.

Comment

Hi everyone, and thanks for adding me..I'm an old repair warhorse, from tubes to hybrid stuff to solid state, and now computers. Looking always for new places to learn and share..nice place ya got here!

Comment

Hello to everyone.

Comment

Hi, everybody! Ran into this forum searching for TV repair advice. Seems like there's a lot of experts in here. I could really use the help. Thanks in advance!

Comment

It's indeed been awhile since I last log'd on! I think at the time I was fixing an iMac MB with cap rot and doing some research. This time I'm back seeking advice on repairing a new-to-me-free Samsung UN48J5000 LED backlight TV with an over-voltage problem. It nearly burned clear through one of the LED strips, evaporating the copper. Very interesting photo I posted in the repair section.

Comment

ciao everybody,
                My name is a schioppo, I'm passionate about electronics and I'm not an expert! and I'm here to learn from you! thank you and sorry for my english

Comment

Hello everybody, I'm joining this forum to learn about DIY phone fixing. I'm totally out of any electronic repair business but I like to understand the anatomy and functionality of everything around me, just like I have to do in my job (I'm an intensive care physician). Best regards.

Comment

Hey everyone. New here and just checking out the forum. Interested in electronics and related things.

Comment

Hi, all. My name is Jim and I've been a two-way radio bench tech for going on 40 years. Before that, I worked on TV and other consumer electronics for a few years. Needless to say, I've seen more than my share of bad caps! Working on 2-way gear here in frugal New England, we see a surprising amount of vintage electronics still in service.

Not everything here is ancient, though. I came here because we're having switched-mode power supplies in commercial routers failing after just 2-5 years. I opened one up and found 1000uF 35V caps with bulged lids.

I'd like to find out if we can avoid scrapping a couple of dozen US$800 routers after 3 or so years when I could fix them with a few bucks worth of caps.

I'm also a longtime Ham Radio operator and junk collector.

Comment

hello my name is victor im from mexico! i have some bios files from computers repair from my self

Comment

Hello! I am a new member

Comment

Hi,

my name is Milan, I'm from Prague, Czech repulic and I'm trying to get deeper into laptop boards repairs. I have a few years of experience with electronics repairs but I am in no an expert.

Comment

Hey, my name is Scott. I'm not a Capricorn, but I do enjoy long walks from my shop area to my fridge. I live in Central Florida and my favorite hobbies are avoiding going outside and I can honestly say that, after spending so many of my younger years taking apart anything and everything I could get my hands on, it is nice to finally be able to put many of these things back together and have them actually work!
                              I joined this forum because I am astonished at what some people will throw away!

Comment

Hello all,
                                Came here for guide to repair my broken Tannoy Reveal D6, from this post:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=16644&page=7
                                and found a lot of useful data. I also dabble with laptop and electronics repair from time to time, and know a thing or two about vintage electronics, like tube amps.

Comment

Hellow , everybody.
                                  My Name Is Konstantinos i am from Greece although i've been living in Bolivia for the last 6 years. I am Computer Engineer for the past 15 years. I worked in various repair shops in Greece and currently i am having my own Repair Shop here in La Paz Bolivia.
                                  i find very intersting your site.
                                  Thank you,

Kostantinos.

Comment

Hello everyone, glad I have found this board, with so many helpful and dedicated people. Just a bit about me. I am an electronics technician, industrial electrician and industrial mechanic. My hobby is troubleshooting electronics, mainly TVs.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Comment

Hello there,
                                      I got gifted a non-functional LG 60pv250 and thought it would be a good project to learn how to trouble shoot electronics.
                                      wish me luck

Comment

Buenas noches.- mi nombre es Carlos Paredes, soy Administrador de empresas pero desde hace muchos aƱos trabajo en repaacion de computadores. aprendiendo de todo lo que leo y puedo y a punta de experiencia. Gracias-.

Comment

Hello everybody! My name is Sergey. I'm from Ukraine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X