Samsung UN75F6300AFXZA Left Half of the screen Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN75F6300AFXZA Left Half of the screen Dark

I disconnected the ā€œUā€ cables to the edge boards and the T-Com cables one at a time to see the results. I made a drawing of the board and connectors. You can see the picture, and know which connector I disconnected. When I disconnect any cable on the left side, there is no picture. I get vertical lines. As you know, the left back of tv has the right-side front as you look or watch TV. Off means disconnected. Is one edge board bad? I thought I should have a half picture no matter which connector I disconnect?
    I also included the self TV self test pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry but don't do anything with the tcon cables.... just the "u" cables. The results will tell everything you need to know.

Having said that.... IF I understand your labelling and pictures... picture 5 shows what happens when you disconnected the "good" side by disconnecting the "U". After this, the signal only has a path thru the "bad side" which as you see gets you basically "nothing" cause there is no path for the signal to get thru the bad side to the panel. You will note the disconnecting the "U" on the bad side, has basically now impact on the display as it looks the same as if nothing is disconnected. that's because the bad side has no path for the signal(s) and hence disconnecting it doesn't really matter. now you need to find out why that side is bad as opposed to chasing backlights... :-).
      Last edited by budwich; 09-18-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

He's not "chasing backlights" anymore, it's more than likely a side tab issue.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Looks like you have the whole tv apart, what do the side tabs look like are any hotter, colder, loose/bad contact or blacker than the rest??
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-18-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Remove the side tab bonding.....remove the trim edge of the screen and carefully remove the tabs were the dark side is .....you only need to take the bad side only =NOT =both

Comment

The tabs need to be remove with tv off no power at all...

Comment

since your set doesn't appear to be showing any "display issues", it is unlikely that a particular tab is a problem. It is more likely that powering going to the tabs is not getting there resulting in them being "dead" which loads the opposite side tabs / drivers. This gives the "dark side picture". You might carefully check some of the voltages along the bottom edge board (may see some labeling which might help) to see if there is some hint of a smd component or track failure.

Further, did you check / confirm if there are side edge boards on this set.
                Last edited by budwich; 09-19-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Here is a picture of the side. After looking at the edge very closely checking on the foil, I think I found the problem. a little piece in the corner was broken and looks like the cooper that runs in it is broken. Here a picture of a good corner, and the bad corner. Can i put in a jumper wire in here?
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...8&d=1568930017
                    It looks like liquid damage. Is the metal frame showing any kind of corrosion?
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The back side looks OK, like the other side, but you can see a difference on the front where the pieces are missing. Playing with the side foil in the center seems to do something to the picture. If I can get picture on the upper sections I'll be happy and let the kids use this for their game TV. Don't understand why the test color strips are good but the picture is dark. Some shows the TV looks perfect until it goes into a night scene.

Comment

you can look at the other corner to see what a "good corner" looks like. It might be possible IF there aren't too many tracks. with the tv unplugged, you might try metering (resistance / continuity) on the good corner to see where the tracks go... ie. basically checking continuity from the bottom to the side. IF you are lucky, you might be able to electrically glue a wire to the same points on the bad side but there are dangers in terms of causing electrical shorts which might take out more stuff with your effort.

Having said that, I have sony 46 in that had a "corner problem" from the user always grabbing the corner to adjust the position of the set as it was wall mounted. Anyway, there was some sort of track crack that would cause a loss / "scrambled" picture. sometimes, you could put pressure on the area and the set would work for a bit but putting the frame back together... the picture would go away again. Ultimately, I removed the tabs along that side and display was OK and the set is hanging on the wall.

It basically is a "standard remove the tab" type save. There is some slight degradation across the screen as uniformity in brightness / color density but it isn't very noticeable most of the time. The original owner couldn't notice it when I showed him the set.

Anyway, bottom line is... you can likely save the set by removing all the tabs along the bad side. BUT know that there is NO recourse, if the "operation" doesn't work out.
                        Last edited by budwich; 09-19-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, just letting you know, I'm in the hospital. I'll get out in a couple of days. Anyway, Do I pull the side tabs off or cut them off?

Comment

Enough to pull away that one ruined if is the first from the tcon side.. clean with alcool

Comment

Hey Guys, I pulled the foil on the dark side, and the tv is 90% better. there is a faint 4 inch dark bar going through the middle of the screen horizontally. But the picture is much better and looking good. every once in a while the snow isn't black and white, it comes on black and purplish color. But when I turn it off and back on, it's back to black and white snow. Thanks for the help and the lesson.Here are some before and after pictures. odd # is before pictures. The camera pick up the middle black line more than the eyes do.
                              So now, how do you remove the finger prints, and suction cup marks off the screen?
                              Thanks for the help..
                              Attached Files

Comment

The tab removing job is done well but now as i've said, there's one backlight led strip that is not receiving current, you have to dismount all things again.. nowadays Samsung screens has a not perfect system to connect them to cable and you have always to wiggle and then try the whole backlight before sheets remounting. When you remove the glass foil you better not touch on the rear, anyway to remove fingerprints you can use a liquid for glasses with alcool basis, then remove the dust and pieces with a dry cloth an with a common antistatic hairy tool..

Comment

That dark line is barely noticeable to the eye, but the camera really pick it up. So I had a couple of people over to look and watch a movie, and some notice the line and most didn't. The longer it runs it lighter it get. I also thought there was a roll out. I had the back completely off, turn off all the light in the room, and the lights look good, all rows had the same brightness. I wonder if the broken corner has something to do with this dark area? Some connections are broken, I believe this is the cause of the dark vertical bar. I was surprise the picture came back after the foil on the side was pulled. Hey I used distilled water on a microfiber towel and that got all the rings and prints off.

Comment

I don't see a dark vertical | | line, I see a dark horizontal _ _ line.

Comment

Hey folks, great thread. I recently came across this same model with exact same panel symptoms. I haven't dug into it yet, but I'm fully anticipating having to do the side tab removal trick as a last resort. My question is - what is the life expectancy after doing such a procedure? @MilitaryBrat is your TV still working 3 years later? Thanks

Comment

do the standard unhook one ribbon cable from tcon to panel and turn tv on, then do the other side, always make connections and disconnections with tv unplugged from power, if one side has display issues usually horizontal lines _ _ horizontal is across not up and down, once you verify which side if any is bad, tear tv down to get at that side side boards and check out the cofs and connections, many times you can see a burnt cof, they usually will look darker or misshaped. the cof is the little chip in the flexible cabling, can also check if any are hotter than the others, it's also possible that a component/s on one of the driver boards could be bad, try those tests and see what you get.

Comment

example there, caution to anyone who may want to do this, it WILL NOT WORK, unless you have them on both sides of the tv, NEVER peel them off both sides, always make sure you do it to the bad side and obviously it is not reversible, notice how he goes nice and slow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2inGB2T4D4w

Comment

Working...
                                          X