Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Printers, Copiers, Scanners and other Imaging & Printing Devices
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Behemot
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Prague, 504'52.22"N, 1423'30.45"E
My Country: CZ
Line Voltage: 230 V/50 Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Dell (aka Lexmark) 17x0 series formatters

So I went through one pallette of the printers I had for scrap, most of them Dell 1710 with fuser being just before death, they already blur the print, many are with bad paper feed/rollers.

Couple of them are 1720dn which seem to be nice, they are network/duplex combo, but the one which was still working died after like 5 papers and two paper jams (rollers are few bucks, that's the least to worry about), seems to be formatter. So I now have 3 printers with good fusers, drums and toners but bad formatters. They are Lexmark 35x series. I wonder, does anybody have some experience with those? Is there something which could be fixed?

I remember the ol' HP JetServers are often repairable by a reflow (usually just baking in an oven trolol) so maybe there is similar problem with these Lexmark boards, either with CPU or RAM? According to many Dell forum posts that was far too common with those printers so I wonder if it isn't just bad BGA joints as usually.

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!
Behemot is offline   Reply With Quote